ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

NS Xenon headlight not working

Jul172

ClioSport Club Member
  Iceberg 172
Recently I'd noticed that the NS front xenon bulb on my 172 was not illuminated, I purchased a pair of bulbs and installed them yesterday, tested they were working and put the bumper back on. After I'd finished clearing up I switched the lights on and again the NS bulb was not working!
This morning I've checked the fuse, swapped the ignitors, ballasts and bulbs and cannot get the NS xenon to work, all swapped bits work on the OS.
Any ideas?

If you've swapped everything around and it all worked on the OS then it must be an issue with the loom or the headlight itself is goosed, do the side and main beam lights work on the NS headlight?

Jul172

ClioSport Club Member
  Iceberg 172
If you've swapped everything around and it all worked on the OS then it must be an issue with the loom or the headlight itself is goosed, do the side and main beam lights work on the NS headlight?
Yes they do.
The loom or the internal wiring on the headlight are the only things left?

Yes they do.
The loom or the internal wiring on the headlight are the only things left?
Have you checked the fuse again after moving the ballast around as I had this where it kept blowing the fuse when I had a dodgy ballast. If not then yeah either loom or internals.

Jul172

ClioSport Club Member
  Iceberg 172
Have you checked the fuse again after moving the ballast around as I had this where it kept blowing the fuse when I had a dodgy ballast. If not then yeah either loom or internals.
Yes I did check the fuse after moving things around and all good.
Thinking about it I should have plugged the working OS unit into the NS wiring whilst it was all stripped down, that would of ruled out or in the internal wiring of the headlight and just left the loom.

Last edited:

Jul172

ClioSport Club Member
  Iceberg 172
To close the thread.
It was the internal wiring to the xenon bulb, a second hand headlight unit was purchased from a member on here.
Everything now works as it should.