ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

o_O lots of steam!

Gav_r26

ClioSport Club Member
  2006 Megane R26
Had to top my coolant up a couple of times recently, not much but enough for me to be thinking hmm cold have a problem here. Had a nose around the engine bay and noticed the t junction near the bottom radiator connection had coolant residue around it. Anyway on the way back from work this eve, and gave it the right foot treatment off the roundabout up the bypass, and the temp needle flies up, dashboard lights up like a christmas tree and the fan sounds like a wind tunnel. So I limp it back to the house which is only 100 yards around the corner pop the bonnet and the expansion tank is nigh on empty, so i top it up and after much steam it all cools down. Now looking at it, it looks like where the hose connects to the bottom of the rad, as the clip is rust as hell. Can't really tell though as there is no space i there. Gonna try changing that tomorrow morning. I assume if i pull it off it'll obviously dump the remaining coolant on the floor. Is it just a case of filling it back up when i've finished or does it need bleeding? Also if it is the rad, what kind of price am i looking at to get it fixed or would using rad weld or equivalent do?

Cheers

172 cup
cud be the bottom hose clip is nakered and needs replacing n when u top it up leave the header tank cap off that will get any unwanted air out dude if problem persists and u have either mayo under oil cap or loads of the white smoke out back of exhaust then it headgasket dude

Matty