ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Oh my...FRP content

Jack!

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I get that some people adore these (not a fan myself), and I get that it's super low milage, but 10k? - surely it's never worth near that, even super mint.

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  E36 328i
I think there will be die hard Ford fans willing to spend big money on these once they get a little older.

Trader Rating - 100%
1   0   0
  Cup In bits
I don't see the appeal tbh.

Neither did/do I styling wise. Having driven a guys one I know a short distance the other week around a car park I totally get them. They are plastered in ford Motorsport parts. Alcon callipers etc.

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
2   0   0
  Golf R
I appreciate them but it's not something i'd own myself.

I'd much rather a Phase 1 V6 if i was after that type of car/in that price bracket.

GiT

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  Shit little Yaris...
One too many zero's to start that auction. £10k is not gonna happen lol

wjb

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  Clio 1.4 16v
Lovely example, i had a standard 1.7 puma a while back, they do handle well.

I think the frp was about £20k new, but like others have said I don't think it's worth anywhere near £10k now,*even in this condition.

You can get a nice 400bhp evo for that money lol

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Fpmsl! We don't discuss these cars on here for the reasons above.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I think it's overpriced only on the basis it's not a press car. A 36,000 miles press car (roughly #1-10) sold for 9k last year.

It does only have 13,000 miles on it. It's worth whatever people are willing to pay for it.

When I bought mine they were selling for 4-5k now they selling for 6-7k. That's appreciation something Clio owners will never need to worry about. Infact I sold mine for 6k after paying 4750 for it and put 12,000 miles on it iirc.

They is one on 9,000 miles with 1 owner that a garage was trying to sell for 10k for about 2 years.

It is what it is.

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  09Accord 2.4 3.0i Z4
10k for what is basically an old Ford, I rather spend much less on a mint EK9 Type R, Much better car imo.

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
I'll echo what the majority have said. Not my cuppa and I don't see the appeal. Never have done.

JCC

Trader Rating - 100%
21   0   0
They don't interest me all that much and I'd never own one, but you're not a petrol head if you don't understand why they still command a premium for what is "An old Ford".

It's the same as a Clio V6, some people would question why you'd spend 10k on an old Clio with a bodykit that's not all that fast in the grand scheme of things, but enthusiasts like them because they're rare, a bit silly and aimed at those who want the "experience" of driving it, same as the Puma.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
2   0   0
It doesn't feel like it should have a turbo though.

It maybe should have had more power but these days i'm glad it didn't. Cheap tax, insurance, fuel and easy engine to fix.

Trader Rating - 100%
3   0   0
  225 Cup & Williams
It doesn't feel like it should have a turbo though.

It maybe should have had more power but these days i'm glad it didn't. Cheap tax, insurance, fuel and easy engine to fix.

I assume it's more than capable to handle more power though? Chassis wise.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Yeah easily. There's one running cossie gear.

2/3 running Frs lumps.