ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

oil change?

what type of oil do you all use?

also, would you trust kwikfit to change it for you as they have quoted £40 for oil & filter change and from what i can see it'll probably cost me more to do it myself anyway?

J-J

ClioSport Club Member
avoid them like the plaque.

Isn't that the s**t you get on your teeth lol?

But yeah, do it yourself, I used Renault 5w/40 in mine, cost me £15 from dealer, £9 for some fortek engine flush off here and £4:03 for a filter, and I know it was all done right :)

Thing with kwik fit and the like, they'll use what's cheap for them, and also have to 'dispose' of your old oil and filter, which costs

how easy is it to do yourself?? also where do you dispose of the oil afterwards as i'm guessing over my neighbour's wall isn't a very good idea?

Very easy pal, if kwikfit can teach some spotty monkey to do it for you I'm sure you will be fine.

Dump old oil, remove filter, fit new filter, replace sump plug, fill with new oil. Job done

ooooo, as for getting rid of your old stuff, funnel it back into your container you have just emptied, and take it to the skip next time you pass by.

it's pretty easy to do yourself (think there's a guide somewhere) - just need 5L oil, filter, and a new sump plug washer (plus some basic tools; 8mm sump plug key; an empty oil can with the side cut out to drain the old oil into)

thing with the KwikFit deal is that it's presumably using a cheap oil - you'll probably end up paying about £40 for decent oil and a genuine filter anyway

old oil goes to the local recycling centre (tip) - they'll have a container for used oil

Last edited: