ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ollies BG 182

Cup Packed BG 182
I bought my Black Gold 182 in September last year with the intention to keep it off the road and do lots of track days on my weekends as I could not afford the insurance. Luckily I found a good quote which meant I could put it on the road so I thought I would start a project thread as it has had a few changes now and have many ideas and plans.

I bought the car in september and it looked like this:

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

6.jpg

I put the carbon fiber splitter on straight away and the updated RenaultSport Badge on. First mod was coilovers, had to be done. Heres how it looked in January after fitting the coilovers and new plates:

DSC_0140.jpg

DSC_0145.jpg

DSC_0146.jpg

IMG_0284.jpg

IMG_0385.jpg

IMG_0387.jpg

After doing this I had my first track day booked at Bedford with my old man, it was quite daunting but once I got it was awesome, tried to scare my dad as much as possible and there were some awesome cars there, there was a new 458 Italia, Aston Martin DBS and RPM's race cars, anyway here are the pics from the day:

SDI_9320.jpg

SDI_9151.jpg

SDI_9082.jpg

SDI_0211.jpg

SDI_0210.jpg

SDI_0169.jpg

SDI_0119.jpg

SDI_0070.jpg

After the track day the car started showing its week points so next I wanted to correct these faults. There was a quite loud whining coming from the aux/cam belt and the exhaust was seriously suffering, the cat was hanging, holes in the center section and the back boxes are s**t. So I got a full new custom exhaust system made up which I haven't got pictures of yet but I will add some, it sounds awesome anyway. I also ordered a new aux belt kit as I was pretty sure the idler and tensioner had not been replaced, while I was installing this I took the chance to install uprated engine and gearbox mounts, ITG filter and removed the acoustic valve. Pics from the weekend where me and my friend Pete took the car to bits:

DSC_0009.jpg

DSC_0010.jpg

Removed this sound deadening as it had dropped down and got caught on one of the pulleys, not good:

DSC_0004.jpg

We needed to make a tool for the tensioner so welded this up, with the female torx to do the tensioner bolt:

DSC_0005.jpg

DSC_0015.jpg

We removed the tensioner and realised the garage who did the job last completely f**ked things up so glad i changed it:

DSC_0008.jpg

DSC_0007.jpg

As you can see they managed to snap it and the belt was not running in the middle of the wheel, so I think I will be on the phone to them to see if they did any other work and if they messed that up to. Heres pics of the engine mounts going in forgot to take pics of the gearbox mount:

DSC_0012.jpg

DSC_0014.jpg

I had an awesome drive back to uni after that weekend, the whine had gone, the induction noise was superb and the gear changes felt so much better. And thats how it stands now:

DSC_0140.jpg

I have many ideas for this car and various different methods of doing so, but ultimately I aim for it be on ITB's and cams and try and go lower, possibly new engine with head work etc. but we will see what happens.

182 track, Mk7 ST
That looks lovely mate ;)

I've just bought myself a BG 182 a couple of weeks ago and think they look awesome, within two hours of buying it, i'd already booked my first bit of track time and it performed brilliantly, might aswell enjoy it ehh lol. The next thing i need to do is get the 3/4 plate like yours, was it from flash plates??

It'll be good to see how this progresses, hoping to do a few things to mine but all money dependant atm.

PH1 V6
Car looks great mate, love the carbon splitter too!

Track day pics look good too. I imagine you had no problem holding off the 458 ;)

Good start to a blog

Oh and look into a JMS RS2 manifold rather than ITB'S. Less hassel and good gains! Oh and i wouldnt go any lower on the coilovers, i think it looks right just how it is!

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Fantatic dude, an absolutely stunning colour. Very underrated in the 182's.

BG FF 182
That looks awesome dude :cool:

I am viewing a BG 54' plate FF one tonight, so am looking forward to it even more now! I think subtle lowering on coilovers like you've done significantly improves the look of the car too, so may well consider doing that myself!

Golf GTD Mk7
Nice work Ollie. Love the tool :approve: I bet that made the job sooo much easier. Nice and spacious down their :banghead:

Cup Packed BG 182
Cheers guys, yer the tool was very handy, about stiffening the coilovers, i want to do this, can you buy stiffer springs from somewhere and what coilovers will they fit?

Cheers Ollie

Cup Packed BG 182
Car looks great mate, love the carbon splitter too!

Track day pics look good too. I imagine you had no problem holding off the 458 ;)

Good start to a blog

Oh and look into a JMS RS2 manifold rather than ITB'S. Less hassel and good gains! Oh and i wouldnt go any lower on the coilovers, i think it looks right just how it is!

Cheers buddy, i have looked into the rs2 and am very impressed, however i want to do a bit of work and if i can get my hands on a spare engine and some spare time I have a few ideas.

DrewBear11

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST
Awesome car mate, looked awesome on track ! I Wanna spray my diamond now too :D exhaust looks tidy mate, any vids :D ?

Cup Packed BG 182
Small Update:

Had my alloys refurbished, a scuff on the bumper and scratch removed. I also grinded my bumper brackets so I could lower it a bit more. Gave it a good clean and here's how it looks now:

DSC_0047.jpg

DSC_0050.jpg

DSC_0051.jpg

DSC_0053.jpg

DSC_0056.jpg

Lowered a bit more:

DSC_0069.jpg

DSC_0068.jpg

DSC_0061.jpg

DSC_0058.jpg

DSC_0062.jpg

Like how it looks now, any suggestions though?

182 track, Mk7 ST
Really like that, stance is just right i think :)

Have you got any pics of the parts of the bracket that you cut off please mate?

Cup Packed BG 182
@ tom

your right it is a bit to low but i like it the way it looks atm, its on vmaxx and its okay atm but the other day i had it 10mm higher at the front and then it was a lot more purposeful. I'll see what happens but want to try and keep it low

Clio 197 RB
Change your orange indicator bulbs to the silver ones!!
Apart from that it is spot on. Your car is actually making me want to sell the RB and get a BG. Top work.