ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Olympian Renault

Just been told that some of the olympian renault if not all are closing down.
Anyone know if this is true?

If it is true I don't know how with the amount they charge.

anyway...
rentech.jpg
is where its at on the South Coast :approve:

1.6 Focus, 1.6 122S
Southcoaster said:

Its a happy day when bad Renault Dealers go out of business!

and anyway as Mr Fubs said, RenTech is where all Renaults should be going to!

Saner said:
Its a happy day when bad Renault Dealers go out of business!

and anyway as Mr Fubs said, RenTech is where all Renaults should be going to!

Yeah - a really F**kin happy day for the 180 staff who may be unemployed by Friday with no wages, but mortgages and families to support :mad:

Fair enough if the business was not run the best - but just try thinking about the staff and what they are going through :dapprove:

1.6 Focus, 1.6 122S
The staff should have thought about that before they decide to offer s**t service and mistreat there customers. It is also not the end of the world for them so don't make it sound as tho it is.

Just because Olympian is going under doesnt mean that they will lose there jobs. Could be bought by another fanchise?

Southcoaster said:
Yeah - a really F**kin happy day for the 180 staff who may be unemployed by Friday with no wages, but mortgages and families to support :mad:

Fair enough if the business was not run the best - but just try thinking about the staff and what they are going through :dapprove:

Do you work for olympian mate?

if so which one?

Black Gold Meggy 225
Further to my other post..that only CS memebrs can view. Here my message to Olypmpian Renault in Salisbury

To all the Quality Management/Sales Staff:

Job Centres that way---->>>>>>>>

Last edited:
Saner said:
The staff should have thought about that before they decide to offer sh*t service and mistreat there customers. It is also not the end of the world for them so don't make it sound as tho it is.

Just because Olympian is going under doesnt mean that they will lose there jobs. Could be bought by another fanchise?

Sorry, but dont quite get why you say "not the end of the world" - indeed its not- but people work to pay bills and live not, for any other reason. :mad:

They will lose their jobs if the business is not bought by the end of the week.

I am sure the staff do not decide to go to work today and offer s**t service - do you? I would suggest that the problem was a lack of support and investment :(

1.6 Focus, 1.6 122S
Southcoaster said:
I am sure the staff do not decide to go to work today and offer sh*t service - do you? I would suggest that the problem was a lack of support and investment :(

Customers cars have been damaged, mistreated. Customers have been charged for unacceptable work, work that hasn't even been done. Customers have also been verbaly abused.

This has happened at Sailbury, New Milton and Poole.

im guessing thats a yes then.

only reason i ask is i was curious if i knew you, thats all.

if you had said you worked at Olympian maybe people would be more tactful in what they say?

/Dan. :)

So two dealerships gone from the south coast...... Liningtons and now Olympian. Although Liningtons didn't go bust (or so they say) just didn't want to invest.

"You wont get better customer service anywhere else"

Service Manager - Olympian (pictured)

burglar_1.jpg

I found the Salisbury branch to be a waste of space... ex employees have backed up my worst fears unfortunately.

Black Gold Meggy 225
is that the head office in Bournemouth or Salisbury or the head office that doesn't seem to exist (not a personal dig) its just that when I tried to find the MD...no one was really sure........

Southcoaster said:
I work in head office

oh right, for a moment there i thought you were going to say your name is Darren Flowers (New Milton Service Manager).

Phew, i nearly had to get angry! ;)

anyway mate, I hope everything works out for you :)

Black Gold Meggy 225
Southcoaster.

As you can see our little community loves Olympian. Its nothing personal. Its just amazing how one Motor Group can ripp off and robb so many people. And lets not talk about Service or Customer service

Welcome to CS...now get ya fiver out and become a member. and show ya sticker. :)

Well that Motor Group no longer exists. If we are bought the name will change - if not, then we will condemned to the annals of history :)

Sorry, if my 1st few posts seemed hostile, but as you all can imagine I am little bit bitter and twisted at present with the thought of possibly losing my job after 8 years :eek:

Cant afford my £5 at present, unless there is discount for the unemployed ;)

So anyway mate, what car do you drive (apart from ours in 1st gear all lunch break? sorry, couldnt resist ;))

I heard that Seward are one of the companies interested in buying olympian?

fUbAr said:
So anyway mate, what car do you drive (apart from ours in 1st gear all lunch break? sorry, couldnt resist ;))

I heard that Seward are one of the companies interested in buying olympian?

My missus currently has a Freelander, I have just had to sell my "toy" due to the work problem, my co. car is whatever is sat around at 6.00pm at the moment.

Hopefully, will get my arse into a new Clio RS come May :D

I believe that Seward are NOT in the discussions!

I must admit I had a very bad experience with the Bournemouth branch a while ago, the customer service was so s**t. The women behind the counter was so rude and didn't care about anything she was meant to ring me to discuss what needed doing etc but she didn't bother and decided to go ahead without telling me what needed doing. They had the car all weekend as well just to change leads and plugs which I could of done if she would of rang me. I was happy to pay for the diagnostics
To top it off she spoke to me like I was a peice of s**t on her shoe, what a b**ch.
Never again would I go back there.

Volvo S60 T5
Day said:
I heard a rumour that Mike was looking to expand...

If I had the money, at the moment its only my waistline sadly.LOL

I know what its like to be in that situation as I had the same thing happen to me when I was at Liningtons.
Hope it works out for you, was the best thing that ever happened to me.

197-I love!!!
I bought my car from Olympian in New Milton just over a year ago and I have to say all the dealings I have had with them have been very good and hopefully they will carry on in some form or another-Good luck.