ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Olympus OM-D E-M5

Wow.

I've already jumped ship from Canon and sold all of my bulk for M4/3 but if I hadn't this camera would have sealed the deal.

Might find myself selling my Panasonic GF3 and slapping my 20mm f/1.7 pancake onto this, have to wait for the price to drop mind, not shooting enough to justify a new camera..

• ISO 200 - 25,600
  • 5-axis image stabilisation
  • 4.2 to 9fps

077f8__Olympus_OM-D-470-75.jpg

comparedtoRebel.jpg

Pre-ordered :)

Weather sealed (ish), magnesium alloy, official grip, the possibility of decent tracking AF....sold. Going to be an expensive year as the Panasonic 35-100 2.8 is also on order (and the new 75mm 1.8 looks tempting!)

Where from and any ideas on pricing yet? :)

Sorry typo there, it's on the shopping list but not pre-ordered anywhere yet.

Most interesting feature of the OM-D for me is the Live Bulb/Live Time thing, it gives you a preview of how your long exposure is doing (up to 25 times in one long exposure) at intervals you choose (starting from every 0.5 seconds) on the LCD screen. Extremely useful and a brilliant idea.

It'd be a tough call between the Fuji X1, Pani GX1 and Oly EM-5 that comes down to IQ, price, lens availability and size. I'm sure they are all terrific, good enough that I no longer give DSLRs a second thought.