ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Omex 600 and Dash 2 interface setup

mikekean

ClioSport Club Member
  996 C4S, 135i, E30x2
Hi Guys,

Another Omex question, trying to get my Dash2 working with my Omex 600 ECU and the Race-technology interface. I have set the COM port ON as stated in the race technology manual. I have loaded the .STS file that Race Technology sent me but the Display and ECU still dont seem to be speaking to eachother.

Does anyone know how to manual configure the data channels in MAP3000 to upload to the ECU? getting quite frustrated with it all now spent £1000's on this stuff and cant get it bloody working!

Cheers,

Mike.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Are you using a serial interface on a laptop or an actual 9 pin port?

Omex is a buggy piece of crap comms wise and is very fussy what it will talk to or not.

mikekean

ClioSport Club Member
  996 C4S, 135i, E30x2
It's a proper serial interface, my laptop will speak with the ECU no problem. Have loaded new maps, amended settings etc. it's the ECU speaking to the Dash 2 through an interface I'm having trouble with. I've changed the COM port settings as stated by Race Tech and uploaded there sts config file but it still doesn't work. The interface definitely has power to.

Might be time to get the serial port tester out I guess. I'm convinced its a config issue though.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Sadly my dash2 with autronic interface just worked perfectly the moment I got it, so not had to learn about debugging issues so cant help with that side of it.

On the plus side, its a great system when its working so stick with it :)

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
No mate, as I mentioned Im on Autronic on my car with Dash2.

Quite a lot of the cars I look after mapping wise are on Omex, but not with a dash2 as well.

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
I'd suggest you ring omex and speak to them. They're always very very helpful when I've rung them