ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Omex & cams/inlets or Omex & ITB's???

Cro

Meg'd r27
Ideally you want cams and itb's, but probably a similarish bhp result between the two, dont need omex for just cams and inlets though which might sway your decision

H&R + Pole Position'd Cup
ITB's without a doubt then get cams fitted on top at a later date

ITB'd MK1
you can see similar peak bhp with cams and proper mapping to ITBs, but the torque spread will be less, and the peak lower.

You will LOVE ITBs, and there's always the cam upgrade option later :)

2005 Nissan Navara
Has he fully mapped one on itb's yet?

"running" is one thing, running correctly is another.
Until its been done succesfully I wouldnt count it as an option tbh.

ITB's and aftermarket ecu would be where my money would go. If Paul can offer a remap for ITB's that works, then obviosuly dont even bother looking at aftermarket...

ITB'd 182...
Im having ECU problems atm hence why i am try to opt for Omex

I think the Bwarp of ITB's would sell me tbh :(

ITB'd 182...
Limp mode at the moment

Could be a simple fix like a sensor or it could be the ECU/FBW Throttle and now would be a good time to spend some wedge on the engine as its what it needs imo..

If ECU/FBW is the problem then i'd like to think the Omex/ITB option would be a good way to go for power/driveability also

alien green rs133
itb's are full of win, and im doing itb's and standalone first and then getting cams at a later date :D

2005 Nissan Navara
Yeah ITB's are the way forward, its not just the gain in peak figures, but as has been said by danny the torque spread is increased...i.e torque everywhere is increased. This makes the car a whole lot quicker. Add to that the improved throttle response and its a win win situation!

B/G 182 + PH1 Track
ive said many times before and argueed. They are great on track, Personally i wouldnt be spending that much money on a clio road car, i also dont think you would see the full benefits of ITBs on a road car. (unless your a street racer :p)

They are reliable to a extend, but weve had a few issues with ours luckily we were able to fix them, due to our knowledge of our car.
Ours takes a thrashing EVERY time its out so can not comment on MPGs and that boring stuff ect.

But if its a track car or you plan on doing track stuff go for it.

the noise is awesome :D

Personally id upgrade to the 200 though :D

B/G 182 + PH1 Track
Go for it then, aslong as your engines in good nick it will run fine.

Save your self more money and fit it yourself you learn alot from it :D

Or buy a LSD they completely change how the car drives aswell :D.

Good luck if you decide to go for them :D