ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

One trackday later: brake issues (clio 197)

Clio 197
Hello,

I've done my first trackday. On the straights I braked from 180 km/h ( about 110 mph ) to 15 mph.

On the end of the day I felt a heavy shaking in my steering wheel.

On the way home I kept feeling it, when I did not brake hard, but normally.

Anyone has an idea what's the problem?

If the problem are the disks ( they somehow folded a bit ), what's good stuff to replace original brakes? And not too expensive please :rasp:

Thanks,

the Belgian newbee:)

172 ph1
that could be just brake pad deposits on your disks.

just use the high pressure water jet from a car wash on the disks and you should be able to remove most of it.

Last edited:

AK

M240i
I had that when braking from around 70, Renault said i needed new pads, changed them and its not happened since.

Clio 197
Okay, thanks.

I'll keep you guys posted, when my mechanic is going to look at them next week.

I don't know, if it is related, but. The problem was getting clear after I picked someone up in the pitlane. Dunno If i just stepped on the brakes then ...

Arctic Blue FF 182
As above could be pad material transfer or warped disc's. Personally i would put my money on it being warped disc's.

Clio cup 197
Is the shaking through the brake pedal or steering wheel.

Shaking through brake pedal is almost always rear discs and through steering wheel almost always front discs.

Use emery paper on the discs doesn't take long to do both sides, if the shudder is less, then it can be pad material build up.
Next time chuck in set of EBC 41539 fronts and 4680 rears and keep these for track days.

Clio 197
Is the shaking through the brake pedal or steering wheel.

Shaking through brake pedal is almost always rear discs and through steering wheel almost always front discs.

Use emery paper on the discs doesn't take long to do both sides, if the shudder is less, then it can be pad material build up.
Next time chuck in set of EBC 41539 fronts and 4680 rears and keep these for track days.

It is shaking the steering wheel.

But only when I brake not too hard. Actually I have the impression that when I brake with the side of my foot, I don't have it.

It also starts to shake when I slowed down to 50 km/h and below.