ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

OnePlus 2 - Announced

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
Just installed the tempered glass protector on mine (had it since the phone arrived, but given that I gave up trying to install my ozrly one on my OPO I'd been working up the courage to try this one).

Gotta say, a million times easier to install than the Ozrly one. the fact that they have coatings both sides and they provide alignment stickers made it go on likea dream, no bubbles, no lifting, no swearing.

Dunno why I didn't install on when I received the phone now! lol

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
Wife's phone has shipped and is currently in the royal mails princess royal distribution centre, should be here either tomorrow or Friday. :)

sburrell93

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Got mine yesterday. Pretty impressed with it. Fingerprint scanner works well and the camera already seems miles better on a couple of quick photos. Will see how battery life and general performance pans out today.

Can't say I'm overly impressed with oxygen OS though. Not sure if it's because I'm used to CM but it just seems to be ridiculously basic and missing loads of features.

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
It's basically stock android, although they've broken the LED control on it (Lightflow doesn't work properly) and they've removed scheduled interruptions and you only have the toggle switch to stick it into priority, which is a bit of a pain.

It's way more stable that CM was though because it hasn't been tinkered with that much.

If they fix those two issues quickly then I will be an even happier man.

sburrell93

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Ah I see, so I'm basically moaning about not having features that were just additions for CM lol. I'm sure I'll get used to it.

Did notice that about the priority interruptions last night. Hopefully they add that in.

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
Yeah it's a bit of an arse that, I kind of think that they thought "hardware switch, so no need for software toggle", but completely forgot about night mode!

Now you have to remember to physically stick the phone in priority mode before sleep (and remove when you wake up) to avoid being woken by spam emails!

sburrell93

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
I'm using Type Mail for my emails just now and it let's you set do not disturb times, but that doesn't help for notifications from other apps lol.

Could possibly use tasker to turn off notifications for certain apps after a specific time?

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
Yeah, but then it's just a hack for something that should be there (it's in Stock lollipop) that they've removed! Tasker controlling stuff like that always creates funnies or unexpected behaviour.

Wife's phone has shipped and is currently in the royal mails princess royal distribution centre, should be here either tomorrow or Friday. :smile:

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Mine is supposedly still "Customs Cleared Shenzhen", but someone contacted DHL via work and they apparently all got dispatched to UK on a pallet hence no updates, supposedly in East Midlands now being broken down.

Grr.

15 days so far, and no phone!!!

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
Is anybody able to add accessories (Tempered Glass Screen Protector + Black Flip Case) to their cart and go to checkout?

When I try, it just says "We cannot ship to your location" and I can't go any further?

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
Weird.

I tried in Safari, first time it worked fine, then I fiddled and then I got "cannot ship to this address", then I randomly started clicking on shipping/billing address and it came back again.

Odd.

Accessories purchased.

Trying to work out if mine is, with DHL it's reached delivery depot, but not out for delivery yet. I think that switches about 9am but do I go to work or not... There's no estimate so can't tell Sigh!

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
@Addicted It comes with a plastic one, peel that off! There's a good video on YouTube on how to apply the glass one, worth a watch even if you know what you're doing!

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
Dunno, I was scared to do the glass one given that I never managed to get a glass one onto the OPO correctly, so held off, it was a doodle on this though. The extra protection of the glass one is added piece of mind, the plastic one will prevent scratches but I'm guessing won't stop cracking if you drop something on it or drop the phone as it won't absorb the impact, it'll just transfer the energy... Whereas the glass one will absorb.

Dunno, I was scared to do the glass one given that I never managed to get a glass one onto the OPO correctly, so held off, it was a doodle on this though. The extra protection of the glass one is added piece of mind, the plastic one will prevent scratches but I'm guessing won't stop cracking if you drop something on it or drop the phone as it won't absorb the impact, it'll just transfer the energy... Whereas the glass one will absorb.

True, I'll leave it for now, I can do it later if the plastic one goes to s**t :smile:

Annoyingly I need to cut my sim down!

Currently in a meeting on my phone, so can't cut it down til after :(

it doesn't take long for it to go shitty.

And good luck cutting it down. I just went to EE and got a new one it was free and took 5 minutes to switch the sim card over online. amazed

Done already, piece of piss :smile:

Unlocked bootloader, installed custom recovery and now just waiting for it to finish reinstalling all my apps, everything else is setup.

And they said the camera sucks?

Eab2YOQ.jpg

It's fantastic!

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
Needs a focus lock feature on the video recorder though, especially if you're recording something in a bit lower light levels.

2014 Focus Titanium
Just smashed my screen on my One, and my insurance has given me £219 as they can't replace it, could really use an invite for a 16GB Two right now!

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
Anybody else had any luck getting lightflow to work properly? I get weird colour mixing and cannot control the flash rate.

Dannyeff

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182 trophy
safe to say al never get the one plus 2-
You are in position
4,375,989 / 5,583,867 - this is going up by the minute ( was a 3m when i signed up )

rctempire

ClioSport Moderator
Much disappointed.

Mines pretty unusable, super slow. I mean i press middle button, takes about 3-5 seconds for the menu to appear.

Hope the 2.1 update fixes the 2.0.2 and 2.0.3 update.
Pretty much not even bothered with it as its not worth moving over till its actually working.

Much disappointed.

Mines pretty unusable, super slow. I mean i press middle button, takes about 3-5 seconds for the menu to appear.

Hope the 2.1 update fixes the 2.0.2 and 2.0.3 update.
Pretty much not even bothered with it as its not worth moving over till its actually working.

Ah you got one? My home button is good, battery life is pretty meh, but my most annoying thing is I can't get my OTG cable working.

Tried 2 different types, nothing from either. Sounds like it's a USB 2.0 Type-C port, which for some reason doesnt work with USB 3.0/3.1 Type C OTG adapters. Grr.

Searched around and posted, nothing so far.

I took a video, can see myself pressing the screen, takes ages to refresh and looks sluggish on a video too.

So going to flat wipe and put 2.0.2 on it then upgrade to 2.1

Yeah, OxygenOS is pretty s**t imo. First bootup when going through setup it wouldnt connect to wifi. Luckily I had to factory reset everything anyway to unlock bootloader, but even so! Luckily it updated to 2.0.2, and that seemed to fix the lack of wifi on my intiial install, and has been solid since.

Battery life is pretty s**t, but I've managed to sort my standby wakelocks, so using less than 1%/hr now :)

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
The WiFi on setup thing not working is just a bug, just wait for it to time out and then press skip, works fine!

Its stable as f**k though, so much more than cyanogen which had a habit of rebooting the phone on connect or disconnect of charger.

I'd be happy with stock android to be honest, I just don't use much that cyanagen ever gave me.

For me, fix the led control issue and reinstate the schedule on priority mode and i'd be a very happy bunny.

Yep I had to wait and press skip, and even though WiFi was connected and working, it skipped the setup on the google part to restore apps :) as I say I had to do a factory reset anyway again though as it was ok :)

On another note - can we control what sounds are allowed on what profile? I noticed I get s**t like app notifications on the Priority notifications, and I literally just want phone/text.

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
Weird, I don't get anything other than calls from contact list, no sounds from any app notifications.