ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Opinions please

RS Clio 172 Cup
My paint works looking tired and my mate at work as offered to clay, machine polish, anti hologram!? and wax my car saying it will look loads better. However I'm a little dubious. The paint feels rough, even after applying a little meguires liquid wax it still feels really 'bumpy'. The rear bumper is very dull. Im just not convinced it can be saved. Can the process on offer make it any worse? He's already said its half an hour masking up and between 2-3hr to complete, does this sound right? As you can probably tell I'm very inexperienced paint wise so would appreciate any general opinion to help me decided on my next steps.

Cheers
Nick

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
Prob ask him if he will remove tar and iron deposits before flaying it, Otherwise go for it if you trust him.

He could make it worse but he sounds like he knows what he is doing. I'd let him have a go why not go along and learn a few things.

Chi

Z4, VW172, R26
Tell you what, let him do mine and then decide??
Let me know when to drop it off Im in Stoke next week ;)

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
He certainly talks a good talk, I'd let him loose on it.

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
Your liquid wax wont make the paint smooth, you need some decontamination products and/or a claybar.

Let him have a go!

RS Clio 172 Cup
Il let you know how it turns out then, hopefully good, I'd hate to have tell the wife a respray a on the cards haha

Mk3 P1 dymanique 16v
2-3 hours not long enough IMO lol
only let hime loose on it if he de-contaminates first!

Honda & VW
2-3 hours for a single hit is fair, if he's going to work on it with a DA rather than a Rotary then I'd bite his arm off. Unlikely he'll make it any worse to be fair. If you were fussy and meticulous when it comes to your cars appearance I'd advise against it but going by your post I'm guessing this isn't the case.

years ago when I first got my DA my mate said I could have a crack with it on his works van, looked 10 times better but looking back I did a very poor job. But that all comes with experience and practice.