ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Optimal track rim/tyre profile for 172??

K

kiwiclio

Hi all - apologies if this has been asked and answered but couldn't see a specific thread...seeking opinions on the optimal combination of rim and tyre sizings for track work. I have a Phase 1 172 - the standard rim/tyre combo (15's with 195/50 profiles have overall (rolling) diameter of 576mm. I have been using 17's with 205/40's for track days - overall diameter of 595mm.

Seen a number of comments along the lines of "17's for show, 15/16's for go"...I want to buy another set of rims and being in New Zealand I will be limited by available profiles (particularly in 16's) , but very keen on input from your track experience. Thanks!

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
ideal for me would be 195/45/15 or 195/50/15 but im not buying a set of 15" wheels at the moment so standard 16's will need to do, ive always used 195/45/16 on them but i know you can use 205/45/16 and they come quite highly recomended just cost more!