ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

'Orange' 1*2 NEWPORT - TELFORD

this morning came towards me flashed but was going round roundabout so not sure if you saw.... lovely colour

female behind the wheel

morning

RS 200
Yeah I know, tell me about it, had only done about 2300 miles too !!!

It was slipping like a biatch. Had a trackday booked at Donnington but only toured around a few times and that was it for the day. Took it into renault telford the day after and they said, yep there is a problem. There wasnt any free play at the top of the clutch pedal which alarmed them at first.
Any way they send me away with one of their Mk3 1.2 courtesy cars while they look at it. Re-did the Hydralics and still didnt fix it. Enquired at Renault Technical support who also had no answers other than what they already tried.
So in the end, ended up have a new clutch, hydraulics and linkages, which took a week for all this be done. I asked if the clutch they took off was worn and they said no, it looked ok, so must of been some other failure between the pedal and the clutch itself which wasnt applying enough pressure and causing it to slip.

Everything was covered under warrenty thankfully.
But as the gearbox had to come off to change the clutch and got knows what else in that area, the steering wasnt exactly spot on (even more noticable on the 197 with the red band on the steering wheel) so took it in to get that done while I waited, hence I had plenty of time to have a mooch around and check out the inferno 182.