ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ordering 200 soon, need some advice!

Clio Trophy
Hi guys

Been on the Forum for a while now and have been deciding upon what options to spec on my 200 when I order it.

After some thought, I've decided to go with RB and I will definitely be adding the Cup chassis, black Speedlines and cornering lights.

I'm undecided about Recaros - just not sure whether they are worth the extra money? Also, the same applies to the upgraded stereo and RS monitor? Does anyone think these are worth speccing? Does anyone know if there is iPod connectivity with any of the stereos on offer?

Thanks in advance for your help!

LY 200
Best spec/colour in mind but must have the recaros.

Will be a piece of piss to sell on in a few years if you decide to.

Meg 250/E36 Touring
Standard stereo offers RCA (red and white) sockets for MP3 connection
Bluetooth stereo has a jack point and USB plug-in. This has much more functionality on choosing tracks/genres etc

I'd say it's worth having the BT for sure, the RS monitor although fun to begin with, is only really useful if you track the car lots IMO

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Also as you have speedlines and you don't want a Gordini you'll be fine.

ado

ClioSport Club Member
  기아 &#4
As upgraded stereo comes with BT it is a must for me. RS monitor for an extra £120 was an easy decision.

I had a 197 without Recaros and always wanted them. The standard seats were good but if you have a small ass the recaros hold you in so much better. They also look much better.

Mk5 golf gti
Ill be ordering RB cup with speedlines and recaros
They are worth every penny and you will see why if you get them :)

Mk5 golf gti
I thoughjt the RS monitor was just on the meg 250?

I wouldn't have one on the 200

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
I know the recaro's are expensive but they're worth it. I know some had issue's with them but they're under warranty so should be able to be replaced. I would never spec a car to a lower spec of what I really want, its pointless as you're always going to want them

People still sell the recaro's from 197/200's for the same sort of price the dealerships charge extra for but they're obviously used.

Clio 200 Cup
The standard seats are fine, plenty supportive unless you want to run slicks on the track.

The Recaros certainly look the part but £800 on top of the money you are already paying for the standard seats is taking the piss.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
I'd order them, i've had both and the Recaro's look and feel superb........... Make it feel more special if you will. You could always swap them with a pauper non Recaro'd 200, and make some cash ;)

clio 200 /08 subaru
hi m8 if you get cup suspension deffo get the recaros you will need them,the support is superb lateral and otherwise
the handling will shock you ,its brill so is the recaros
had my car a year now fookin love it
DSCF3233.jpg

DSCF3259.jpg

DSCF3249.jpg

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
£800 for yellow trimmed seats that wear badly? I wouldn't bother personally. You could buy them aftermarket in a far nicer trim, then sell them when done. Would cost less overall (including selling them after).

clio 197
why not look up edge performance on clio197.net get the recars and they will re trim them for you in leather/alcantara
or quilted leather and reinforce them for you so they don't wear for £500 well worth it tbh :) they look stunning

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
If you're looking for advice, mine is don't bother with the cup packs unless you plan on tracking it. A lot.

I know from experience that it's almost impossible to get in and out of those chairs without wearing the outer bolster. Luckily mine are leather trimmed in that area (and touch wood are fine so far), but I can totally see why the Renault items wear out in weeks. I'd be torn (pun intended) between standard and Recaro in a 200.

ado

ClioSport Club Member
  기아 &#4
If you're looking for advice, mine is don't bother with the cup packs unless you plan on tracking it. A lot.

Agreed. I still stand by a non cup for road driving and cup pack for track.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
The standard seats really are very good. Supportive, comfortable. I'm 100% happy I ended up with non-cup suspension, brilliant everyday compromise, and still great fun on track. Shame they don't do them all with the quicker rack.

260% JCW
The standard seats are fine, plenty supportive unless you want to run slicks on the track.

The Recaros certainly look the part but £800 on top of the money you are already paying for the standard seats is taking the piss.

£800 when your spending k's is f**k all IMO, the standard seats are supportive but the Recaro's are better.

Im sure i read on here that you can spec leather now on the 200?

Ly 230 meg & Ph2 172
Recaros have just gone up thought they were more like £950 now ???? maybe i am wrong and if u have them in leather they are well over £1,000 ?????? please correct me if i am wrong ! i am pist that i did not get speedlines on mine :banghead:

Recaros have just gone up thought they were more like £950 now ???? maybe i am wrong and if u have them in leather they are well over £1,000 ?????? please correct me if i am wrong ! i am pist that i did not get speedlines on mine :banghead:

They were £950 when i ordered 2 months ago.

I do believe when they first came out they were pretty cheap though. (doesnt the review with tiff say these recaros are worth it at£600?)

Was the 197 @ 3:00 he says £500

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JxLVbIX78UA

Last edited:

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Ive said it before but spec the Recaros. The option price is somewhat cheaper than Renaults pretty outrageous £3750 for a pair of Recaros.. It will obviously be more than that come the 1st of next year..

People will always want Recaros over the standard trim come re sale time and i dont care who says it.

Da

Less
My Recaro's were about £850 I think...with the carbon trim it was about £875 or something ridiculous.

I'd have them over the standard seats any day.

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
My Recaro's were about £850 I think...with the carbon trim it was about £875 or something ridiculous.

I'd have them over the standard seats any day.

Yours is the spec that will sell over one without Recaros and the light pack.. The speedlines are just the icing on the cake....

/without looking at the front :eek:

The flip side is trying to sell a car with threadbare chairs that look like they've done about 500,000 miles. Presuming of course that this is still an issue, which I'm sure it probably is. The next time Renault make a quality improvement on clearly defective design, will be the first time. I bet there isn't a 182 in our solar system that doesn't have a broken ECU bracket, and every single Clio II in the observable universe has a poor fitting LH door. Pretty sure it's even come to light the 197 steering wheels are now also melting.

My point being that "I'll just be careful getting in and out" wouldn't cut it for me. I'd have an issue paying extra for chairs that are almost certainly going to fall apart, and I doubt I'd feel too clever about my "spec it to sell it" attitude when every potential buyer offers me five pounds because the seats are fucked. Just a thought.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
The front end makes it stand out from every other Clio on the raod ;)

If I shaved the skin off my face with a cheese grater on a morning I'd stand out from everyone else but that doesn't make it right!

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
If I was ordering today, I'd 100% not get the recaro's. I would spec the cup chassis, then offer a non-cup pack owner a spring/damper swap. The more compliant suspension with the quicker rack would be the ideal setup.

I'd be tempted to buy the aftermarket recaro's though, the fabric on the Renault ones is shocking. And yellow. Yellow. Yellow.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
If I was ordering again, i'd get the same.

(Thankfully I don't drive it)

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Weird how people get obsessed about ordering a car they have to live with day in day out, about speccing it for the next buyer. Weirdo's;).

Da

Less
The flip side is trying to sell a car with threadbare chairs that look like they've done about 500,000 miles. Presuming of course that this is still an issue, which I'm sure it probably is. The next time Renault make a quality improvement on clearly defective design, will be the first time. I bet there isn't a 182 in our solar system that doesn't have a broken ECU bracket, and every single Clio II in the observable universe has a poor fitting LH door. Pretty sure it's even come to light the 197 steering wheels are now also melting.

My point being that "I'll just be careful getting in and out" wouldn't cut it for me. I'd have an issue paying extra for chairs that are almost certainly going to fall apart, and I doubt I'd feel too clever about my "spec it to sell it" attitude when every potential buyer offers me five pounds because the seats are fucked. Just a thought.

I know what you're saying Roy, but should mine ever get to a point where they are looking worn, then I'll simply pay the £400/£500 to have them retrimmed in leather. Still makes them cheap seats at less than £1500 all in. :)

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
I know what you're saying Roy, but should mine ever get to a point where they are looking worn, then I'll simply pay the £400/£500 to have them retrimmed in leather. Still makes them cheap seats at less than £1500 all in. :)

Not quite as cheap as buying the universal versions for £1400, then selling them on for £800+ when you sell on. Plus you don't have to have them yellow. Yellow.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
LOL, they're yellow speckled, they're not yellow. Yellow. Yellow.

I saw an Albi blue, with the YELLOW interior pack t'other day. Crazy fucker.

Why does every manufacturer that uses the sportster use better fabric than Renault?

Probably because Renault really don't care what a car looks like a week after you bought it. Sorry but they really don't give a f**k. Proven time and time again with dozens and dozens and dozens of known, and never ever ever fixed, ongoing quality concerns. They really do not do continous improvement of any kind during the life cycle of any one given product. They specify that material knowing that it falls apart.