ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Origin b2 install

Mk5 R32 (ex.182 (Cupped))

Going to pick up my origin b2 tommorow, anyone got any tips for me or things i should know for when im setting it up in my motor? Like best place to position the unit, the gps receiver, the laser detector etc in my 03 Clio Dynamique 1.4 .

Cheers in advance.

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8

in the middle at the bottom of the windscreen is the best place for the gps reciever, and the laser head at the top of the windscreen behind the rear view mirror.

the unit i would put on the right hand vent next to steering wheel/door.

Mk5 R32 (ex.182 (Cupped))

Cool cheers. On my windscreen at the bottom middle, theres a different colour square of the screen, for the err dunno what it is actually? Rain sensor? That gonna effect the signal?

The little square is an untreated area of the screen and is the best place for the gps receiver. I understand it is there for the froggys to put their electronic toll cards, coz the they wont work behind the reflective coating either !

Post some pics of your install when it is done please

The laser detector is best off at the bottom of the screen because its more likely to pick up laser here. If its in the middle it should also pick up from behind as well as in front.

Yeah, I read in AutoExpress that some laser detectors dont work behind a heat reflective screen....

Anyone know any different??

Laser, being a light beam, will go through heat reflective glass, its just radar waves and GPS signals that are blocked.