ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ouch!

Ultra 197 ex 172 Cup
as said renault jacks are crap, mine couldn't even lift my 172, when i wanted to change a wheel, the stupid plastic bit you turn it with snapped, don't these things get inspected / tested.

BMW M135i
Peoples lack of thought of the seriousness of jacking a car up never fails to amaze me. I hope you didn't even consider getting under it on those.

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
as said renault jacks are crap, mine couldn't even lift my 172, when i wanted to change a wheel, the stupid plastic bit you turn it with snapped, don't these things get inspected / tested.

i also made this school-boy error - using a renault supplied jack to raise a clio (only because the trolley-jack wouldnt get under it to begin with - coilovers!!), and the bloody thing snapped .. i hit the deck .. gouged a massive hole out of the top of my finger .. but the car stayed upright !

had to then trolley-jack it up from there, and put a block of wood under the tyre when i'd done what i wanted to do, to release the trolley jack

went into renault today .. i think he said it was £75 + vat for the jack, because i also had to buy the whole spare wheel basket thing and associated accessories as well. i laughed and walked out.

not a happy bunny.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
dont pay anyone to fix it! its went up into a hole covered by a rubber gromet.
itll be fine just pop the gromet back in jobs a good un.
body repair technician btw.

Renault Clio 172 Ph 2
Doh,

It amazes what poeple are using to keep there car in the air.

Axle stands are so cheap and so easy to get hold of.

I suppose its easy to say after the event, we all have done things little dodgy and got away with it.

John