ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Oulton Park

Focus ST-2
Spotted a nice Arctic Blue 182 there and an Inferno cup but think a company might have owned that.

I was passing by and though I'd have a look at what was going on!

Focus ST-2
Which one were you in mate? I only came briefly would have stayed but guessed it must have been lunchtime, nobody stack it today? heard there have been several over the last few weeks there.

M135i
Yeah i was there today too.

Was a good day, saw a nice RB 182, silver 172 and a flamer.

A nice 197 Cup race car and 200 race car were doing the rounds as well.

M135i
^^
Yup, bloody rapid too.

Soon as either the 197 or 200 came up behind me, i was over to the right straight away letting them through.

Track only 182
Hi i was in the RB 182 well until I blew the clutch. Not dissapointed though had a great day and its the first time its let me down. Only 40 or so cars there today so plenty of track time.

Track only 182
Mid Afternoon had a good few sessions before it went. I think I had clocked up around 70 miles on track today I will check in the morning when I survey the damage. All I want for xmas is a new clutch.

M135i
The RB 182 looked really good.

Think my brother was driving when we were following you for a bit.

Sorry to hear abt the clutch.... was your car originally a road 182 or is it a cup racer?

Track only 182
It was originally a road going car the mods were done by Mark Fish.

I recognise your car now. I hope I was not holding you up when we were in traffic. How did you get on from what I seen you were goin some pace? I am a novice when it comes to posts and threads so forgive my mistakes etc.

M135i
Ahh, the mods look great.

Me and my bro noticed your intake in the left headlamp in the paddock which we both agreed is awesome, so was wondering if it was a cup racer.

Nah don't think you were holding us up at all. Think there was quite a bit of traffic in front at that point anyways. I think our paces were quite similar.... unless of course you were taking it easy at the time;)

My brother was driving at that time and I was just praying that my car would make it through in one piece.

Yeah the day went quite well.... think the conditions suited us FWD guys more noticed alot of the RWD cars being understandably cautious whereas we could take a bit more risks.

Ed

One that doesnt work
I saw you as you where leaving. I was in a red 1.2!

Last edited:
  Track only 182
Glad you like the mods. You must trust your brother a lot lending him your car on the track.

My brother was in the Blue Westfield and confirmed your thoughts about the rwd cars. It was very slippy especially in the morning with just a bit of drizzle to spice things up around Druids and then the inevitable mud etc dragged onto the track by the spinners. Been there myself once and made friends with the armco.

Did you see the Caterfield that hit the armco on the pit straight? not nice!

Track only 182
Gonna log off now I am knackered after the early start not sure what the protocol is but next time you seem me at Oulton say hello. And thanks for the spotted post I have been looking for ages for one cheers

a thirsty one
i was there today in my 182 but alas just watching, mine was the artic blue one parked up in the pit lane.

mycup-is-half-full i was at druids when you lost power, i thought it was gearbox related as i could tell you were struggling to find a gear but glad its just the clutch.

other renaults there the two 197 cup cars were rapid, just missed Rough crash though the inferno was really giving it beans all day i saw many a drift of his through druids.

the other mk2 liveried up had quite a few spins at druids. im back there next month driving.

Focus ST-2
I was looking at your car when I came back through the paddock John. Tidy car, you still got the BTB on it? Sold mine now :(