ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Out With the fast in with the slow

182 cup RB
Ok I need to raise some money to move out an the car was the first to take the hit! So I'm going from this
5dd34435.jpg

To this....
b2010a54.gif

It's a Clio 1.2 tce dynamique s
I have to say very pleased with it! But will be sad to say goodbye to the RB 182!

My ap coilovers should turn up Monday/tuesday pics to follow :)

182 cup RB
The money saved from not using so much fuel and tyres and on tax/ insurance and why would you own a 182 and drive slow and not get good returns!

Last edited:

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member
Must be gutted. Agree though, cant see how you will be saving much money to make it worth changing

Mk2 Ph2 172
This doesn't make sense.....

I went from owning an m3 and r32 to a Clio sport to save money!!!

That makes sense

Audi A4
Seems logical to me... Think of the long term... Cheaper Tax, Insurance, Tyre wear, Fuel costs, general driving costs... Easily done!

And at the end of the day... its a personal choice, who cares who agrees and disagrees... If you're happy!

P.S. Cams Vs RS2... I now get 3mpg's more with cams :p (Let battle commence!)

182 cup RB
So from a 4.something and a 3.2 to a 2.0 I can see how you could save money. I have gone from a 2.0 to a 1.2 you do the maths. Everybody is so quick to point the finger at people on here!

Fiesta ST-3
buying a newer car and coilovers isn't the route i'd go down if I was planning on saving money... but each to their own!

SQ5
The 1.2 will do less mpg as you'll be trying to get it to go quicker. 1*2's will do 40mpg all day long if driven sensibly, the 1.2T might too but i know what I'd rather be in!

Discounted 1*2 parts
The 1.2 will do less mpg as you'll be trying to get it to go quicker. 1*2's will do 40mpg all day long if driven sensibly, the 1.2T might too but i know what I'd rather be in!

Fuel consumption will be no different really, we average 40 mpg in the cup daily driving and the tce's that we have as loan cars only do that too!

Tax and insurance may be slightly less but can't imagine it's massive unless your young? And those tyres are hideously expensive (195/50/16?)

Almost as bad as my sister in law who thinks buying a sub £500 car to run along side her 1.8 vectra will save her money on her commute...

Sport 182
I went from a 225 to a smart car for a year..Now that was a saving...and it done my head in hence why I am on here with a 182...Still a saving from the 225 tho...anyways time will tell with yours.

I sold my 182 back in november to save money due to commuting and brought a 2004 65dci. Saved so much money! Moved out and closer to work, so will be looking for another sport soon!

Audi A4
Averaging mid to high 40's... Will look awesome once lower and wider. Everyone one is so quick to judge... like when I took the RS2 off and got cams.

Why cant people be positive, all I ever see on this forum is a few "looks good" comments and then a SH*T load of bitchy comments... probably the reason I only come on here is for the buy/sell and occasion meet info. Funny how people are never bitchy when at meets though...?

Enough of this tom foolery... I need a drink!!

Mk2 Ph2 172
It's not being bitchy it's being realistic

But enjoy matey each to their own!!!

And also I find with forums people ask for comments and 9 out of 10 don't like the responses they get !!!

Last edited:

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Averaging mid to high 40's... Will look awesome once lower and wider. Everyone one is so quick to judge... like when I took the RS2 off and got cams.

Why cant people be positive, all I ever see on this forum is a few "looks good" comments and then a SH*T load of b**chy comments... probably the reason I only come on here is for the buy/sell and occasion meet info. Funny how people are never b**chy when at meets though...?

Enough of this tom foolery... I need a drink!!

Its not being bitchy you hormonal female.

Its fact. You sold a car to save money, then bought a car that cost about the same and does the same MPG and are spending money on modifying it.

There is absolutely no logic in it what so ever.

When I bought a house I sold my 172 for £5500 and bout a £800 BMW and I didn't buy coilovers for it. Thats how to save money.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Astounding. More so the fact he can't see it.

I'm doing some more calculations but my Frp has been doing 45mpg+ for weeks now. Your 182 would do 35+ all day long if you don't drive like a ****.

Mental! Same with that guy who spunked money on a 107 to save money. It was about 3k more than his Clio was worth.

Surely, shirely you can see this?

Stefan.

ClioSport Club Member
It is a pretty daft idea bud, i dont or im sure others dont intend to put a downer on your idea but you must see what your doing isnt really saving, is it?

work for BMW
I went from a RB 182 to phase2 1.2 to save money, worked a treat, now that's a real downgrade lol.

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup
I went from a 305bhp classic scoob in mint condition to a p reg rusty polo 1.4 to save money, I win surely

Far be it for me to comment as I have gone from a 197 to a Panda 100HP to save money. The only way I am saving is less tax and Insurance and I hoped a lower fuel bill but now everyone in the family suddenly wants to borrow my car. doh!!

I can understand what you have done but the modding bug has bitten and like me you can't drive around in anything that is standard for any length of time. Good luck with it and I hope that you do save money in the long run.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
personally id have got a dci106 rather than one of these but i can see where your coming from.

182's drive like pigs when your driving them economical, these drive much nicer. Mk3's are generally bomb proof too! where 182s are a never ending cycle of rear wheel bearings, handbrake cables, handbrake cables and wondering where that new clunk/rattle or general noise is coming from!

Owen

ClioSport Admin
Its not being bitchy you hormonal female.

Its fact. You sold a car to save money, then bought a car that cost about the same and does the same MPG and are spending money on modifying it.

There is absolutely no logic in it what so ever.

When I bought a house I sold my 172 for £5500 and bout a £800 BMW and I didn't buy coilovers for it. Thats how to save money.

A fair point Daniel, but aimed at the wrong person. Tank is not the OP.

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
So from a 4.something and a 3.2 to a 2.0 I can see how you could save money. I have gone from a 2.0 to a 1.2 you do the maths. Everybody is so quick to point the finger at people on here!

Surely the new car cost more to buy though?

320d
I don't see the point in this either really its not really going to save much money after you account for the fact its worth at least £1k more than the 182 plus the price of the coilovers. Don't get me wrong I like the MK3's, its a nice car but just doesn't make financial sense to me.

If you'd have straight swapped the 182 for a MK2 Clio DCI then I'd of thought fair enough as they cost peanut's to insure/tax, do 55+ mpg and there would be no capital investment.

Saab 93 Aero Wagon
Saving money would be selling the Clithole and buying an £800 306 diesel....or even better, a £500 106 XND.

Ergo, this move makes no sense.