ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Outlook question.......

BMW F31
ok here's the problem....

outlook is open, click on one of the messages in the box and it brings up a box saying "requesting data from exchange server"

it does this everytime you click on a new message almost like the email is on our exchange server rather than actually being downloaded to the workstation.

does anybody know why it is doing this? and how to help?

i work for a small company and i get left to do all the I.T jobs when im only self taught so dont know things like this :S

Rav4
are you using 2003 outlook?

Is it cached (email accounts>change>more settings>advanced?)

Do you keep a copy on the server?

Thanks.

BMW e46 320 Ci Sport
if you are using cached exchanged mode, it will work better i would imagine, in the bottom right hand corner does it say online, offline, connected, disconnected, trying to connect?

BMW F31
are you using 2003 outlook?

Is it cached (email accounts>change>more settings>advanced?)

Do you keep a copy on the server?

Thanks.

god knows why but its putlook 2002, mine and the rest are 2003.

dont know if we keep a copy on the server or not. i dont think we do :S

BMW F31
if you are using cached exchanged mode, it will work better i would imagine, in the bottom right hand corner does it say online, offline, connected, disconnected, trying to connect?

it doesnt say anything, my outlook 2003 does etc, but this 2002 doesnt say anything down there, thats where i looked first lol.

sorry for my naiveity but i dont use outlook e.g have anything to do with it/understand fully how it works