ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Oval Plates?

MK2 Clio
Hi All,

Renault decided it would be a good idea to put a black text sticker on my dark blue car, and as the years have aged it I am unable to see most the important information on it, would someone be able to "lookup" my car and find out the information for me?

Thanks

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
What information are you looking for? surely you could just call Renault and they could look it up on their system from the number plate?

MK2 Clio
I was hoping for my exact engine code its D4f something
THe fabrication number
And "the Car type" is it BV0F or something Like that?
And anything else you may be able to find out incase I need it one day :)

Would you be able to find it out?

Cheers

MK2 Clio
What information are you looking for? surely you could just call Renault and they could look it up on their system from the number plate?

Renault got really arsy and said it was "data protection" and basically "trying to steal their business"

MK3 GTI golf 16v
umm not really mate tbh, only options are probably go to a garage and get them to run your plates, should have loads of information.

or

go into renault, take the v5 and ID incase they get massively anal so you can prove its your car etc

MK2 Clio
umm not really mate tbh, only options are probably go to a garage and get them to run your plates, should have loads of information.

or

go into renault, take the v5 and ID incase they get massively anal so you can prove its your car etc

Can renault pull the whole plate off (digitally) So I can recreate a new one?

Thanks

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
Renault will have all the information about your car. Your v5 will also have the vin number/engine numbers. I cant see why data protection wuold come into it as the numbers your looking for are generic and openly avalible from various sources (i.e D7F is the 1.2 8v engine, it was then replaced with the 1.2 16v version known as the D4F).

MK2 Clio
If they can give me everything on it I can make a new one, otherwise I'll just take what I need :)
Sent from my T8788 using Board Express

MK3 GTI golf 16v
yeah theyll just give you the info so either write it on somehting and make yourself a new sticker, or just put it with your car paperwork bud. cant see them making you a new sticker lol