ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

overheating?

I had to jump start my car today after not driving it for almost 3 months & I've noticed the temperature gauge is showing as being at the maximum. I'm pretty sure it must be broken as it can't be overheating in such a short space of time. I did top up the reservoir as it seemed to be quite low and now its way above the maximum so could this have something to do with it? I left the engine running on my drive and it seems to be running fine although every 5 minutes the fan kicks in for 30 seconds.
Any ideas?

also, there seems to be a strange noise coming from the wheels - could this be something to do with the brakes rusting having not been used for so long?

1.5dci
mine showed the temp gauge as over normal back in December, also had the fan kicking in all the time and in the end continuous running, to the point it'd flatten the battery.
Got it put on diagnostics and it came up as the temperature sensor was faulty, replaced that and it's been fine since. So could be something like that