ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

P0300 code and diagnosis help please

Jon46

ClioSport Club Member
  BG FF 182
Got the orange flashing engine symbol on the dash the other week.

No dramas, the 182 was left parked up and not used until I got the parts ordered.

So I did a bit of research on here. All said plugs, leads or coil pack, which backed up what my ELM327 reader said.

Today I fitted all the new parts. Genuine leads, coil pack and proper NGK PFR6E-10 plugs.

The car pulls like a train! Pulls cleanly in all gears, Vanos kicks in at 5k....perfect.

Startup idle is only very slightly lumpy, which has always been the case. Then it’s fine once warmed up.

Now the light has disappeared But comes back on when the car idles, at a junction, traffic lights etc When driving as normal is goes off.

Any thoughts?

From what I’ve been reading it could be a faulty injector (but I don’t see, hear of feel any hesitation from the engine)

Next step is to check / inspect the injectors

PH2 172
As it`s been stood, a fresh tank of Vpower/Momentum, take a long drive & see what comes around.
P0300 is a Random/Multiple cylinder misfire.

Jon46

ClioSport Club Member
  BG FF 182
it's an injector.

vanos is bmw and should be no 'kick' at 5,000rpm if everything is fine with it :wink:

My bad, my company car is a BMW

As for the kick, I’ve had a few beers now, and I know what I mean if the rest of the world doesn’t.....it hits 5k and goes Whooooooshhhhhh

dan's cast offs.
that's probably because your knackered injector has killed the lambda sensor :wink: should just about feel a change not a kick.

Jon46

ClioSport Club Member
  BG FF 182
Haha kick was an exaggeration, a subtle horizon catching experience would have been better

So an injector swap is on the cards, and possibly a lambda sensor?

Jon46

ClioSport Club Member
  BG FF 182
Just as a thread closer....it was a faulty injector (thanks Bloke)

I bought a multimeter and checked them all, found No3 was showing only 13.1 compared to all the others at 14.8 plus :)

dan's cast offs.
surprised it brought it up at a close reading? had one on the wife's car the other week, 3 ohms and still hadn't brought a light on!!!

Jon46

ClioSport Club Member
  BG FF 182
surprised it brought it up at a close reading? had one on the wife's car the other week, 3 ohms and still hadn't brought a light on!!!

The light wasn’t constantly lit, when I was driving and using the throttle it never came on. Only when it was ticking over at traffic lights and that wasn’t all the time. I’m assuming the light would have been constant if it was a much lower reading?

dan's cast offs.
It only brings it on when the ecu sees wrong resistance. A lot will only do it on idle when it's up to temp.