ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Painted tyres

850 T5. mmmm Turbo!
Always fancied it so i thort id give it a go.
dunno how long they'll last, but the tyres all ready for changing anyway.

DSCN1949.gif

DSCN1950.gif

850 T5. mmmm Turbo!
i started with a pen i found in my old mans scooter bits. called tyre art but that was a bit crap and as i had started i went to motosave and get another one, which was dead easy to use but u need to get plenty on as its goes kinda yellowish if u just but 1 coat on.

Maz

LY 200
Excuse me for being thick but have you just painted the white bit ?? not the black .. lol ??? :)

850 T5. mmmm Turbo!
its not that thick actually maz, i started with a tin or delux once over, (gloss black) gives it a nice dark colour to start with, then i added the white.

only joking.
i just used AG tyre dressing b4 i started so i could wipe off any excess white paint!
silly billy!

Liquid yellow R26 F1
I did this years ago on my 205 1.9 it took hours.. first corner i came to scrubbed the lot off.. LOL.. was very unimpressed..!!

Maz

LY 200
Harry_manback said:
its not that thick actually maz, i started with a tin or delux once over, (gloss black) gives it a nice dark colour to start with, then i added the white.

only joking.
i just used AG tyre dressing b4 i started so i could wipe off any excess white paint!
silly billy!

PMSL ;)

Would be interesting to see how long it lasts . .don't the cup racers have the white on their tyres ?? do the tyres come out of the factory like that or have they done the same as you ?? :S :eek:

850 T5. mmmm Turbo!
they have it printed on i rekon, they dont have the same writing on there already its just a blank space and they print the word on, all im doing is abit of colouring in!

Maz

LY 200
Harry_manback said:
they have it printed on i rekon, they dont have the same writing on there already its just a blank space and they print the word on, all im doing is abit of colouring in!

Ahhhhhhh ok cheers for that :D

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
Looks ace mate.!!
I did the same to my 'Firestones' a few years ago on my MkII black 3.0 Ford Capri.
Might be tempted to do the same when i get some new boots....

Black 172 MK2
looks very good m8 espec on a black car. plus as long as you have 4 matching tyres its a good idea lol.

'92 172, Lotus Elise
does it come off if you wash your car (does the shampoo take it off)?

what about if you apply wheel blackener, do u have to avoid that area, or does it just wash off the pen?

looks good :)

850 T5. mmmm Turbo!
not tried to wash it yet, tbh it took about 15 mins per wheel max, so even if it does wash off its not a big deal!!!!!!!

thanks 4 the comments.

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
You can use tipex yes! White poster paint worked the best when i did it. You have to re apply it quite a lot. Especially if your tyres get a lot of hammer like mine.

Pic on my old valver.

1b8255dc.jpg

0545f56c.jpg

850 T5. mmmm Turbo!
Iain C said:
Sweet Jesus
thats looks gash! Why would you do that?
The only car allowed to have painted letters is the A team van!

looks like your on your own there buddy. im glad your were constructive though unlike some arseholes that just come out with stupid statements like "that looks gash!"

al

ST on the way...
Harry_manback said:
looks like your on your own there buddy. im glad your were constructive though unlike some arseholes that just come out with stupid statements like "that looks gash!"

Backing up a statement with something that involves the A-Team ALWAYS works!! lol

Iain C

ClioSport Club Member
sorry you didnt like my comments harry, brob should have just said i dont like em.
The only thing constructive i can think of is wipe em off.
Anyway who cares wtf i think? Its not my car and of course its up to you wot you do to it.

ST
Harry_manback said:
dunno pal, i imgine so.
got mine from motorsave, which seem to have the same stuff in as motorworld.
it was £2.99

Nice one i may take a trip to motorworld later on..