ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Painting grill

clio 1.2
Hi I want to paint my grill and was wondering what paint people used or if any one could recommend a good brand of spray paint. Don't want to use cheap spray paint that won't last. Thanks

find a local paint/bodyshop suppliers and get paint from there, alot better quality from the likes of halfords

SQ5
Halfords spray paint is fine, its very thin so it needs a good few coats. Also best done in direct sunlight or very hot weather so it dries instantly.

SQ5
I'm not exactly far from the business either ;)

It's just a lot thinner so needs more thinner coats to layer it up. I've sprayed numerous amounts of wheels just in Halfords spray paint and people in the business wouldn't believe it was all rattle cans.

As long as your painting onto a decent heated surface in decent conditions the finish will be spot on.

SQ5
4ehujuma.jpg

Only picture I've got of the last set and they're very dusty. You can see how smooth the finish is.

SQ5
Rattle cans on wheels and grilles are fine, especially on the grilles as its so fine its hard to rub down correctly. Meaning you need more thinner coats rather than fewer thicker coats.