ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Panel filter

2003 MR2 Roadster
Do performance panel filters that fit in the existing OEM airbox sound any louder or give extra performance?

2003 MR2 Roadster
Is it worth just retaining the original airbox, popping a K&N panel filter in and install a Revotec CAF?

If so, what diameter size CAF do I get? and will it just fit straight onto the original airbox?

172 cup'd extreme
ITG panel is the best - the airbox has 2 caf's as standard, you dont need to upgrade it just remove the valve at the bottom of it

172 cup'd extreme
Removing the valve allows more cold air to enter the airbox, you could run a straight caf if you wanted to the grill.

2003 MR2 Roadster
I sound thick here as not had chance to get "under the bonnet" on the 172 yet. Where do the 2 CAF's enter the airbox - bottom and side?

So is the valve within the CAF where it enters the box?

How many screws secure the airbox in place?

Cheers mate

Removing the valve allows more cold air to enter the airbox, you could run a straight caf if you wanted to the grill.

Is this fact mate?

I heard removing the valve keeps your throttle fully open? ( making it louder )

Does it give performance gains?

Thanks

leon

172 cup'd extreme
the accoustic valve keeps induction noise down and aids cold running of the engine. By removing it you get a louder induction noise and 2 always on cold air feeds to the airbox, lots of people have removed it and said how much better the car responds.

2003 MR2 Roadster
I am buying the K&N panel filter and removing the valve tommorow so will let you all know of the outcome.

Do I have to install an aftermarket CAF or is the standard one up to the job?
The bay is soo tight and I dont have much patience :-( so if I can get away with the standard CAF so much the better.

2003 MR2 Roadster
Does anyone have a photo of the acoustic valve on the standard airbox as I am taking it off tommorow?

Does the valve just screw out, pop out?

Is it obvious?

2003 MR2 Roadster
How many screw for the lining and where are they in the arch?

I thought the valve was in the CAF where it meets the airbox?

Am I wrong?

Clio 172
Take the wheel off and there are 3 or 4 obvious screws......the time it takes to right on here you could be out there getting your hands dirty!

Its at the end of the CAF which is behind the horns in the wheel arch.

2003 MR2 Roadster
Where is the best place to buy a decent panel filter and CAF?

All the shops I have tried have to order them in so figure it will be best for me to order from a website. Any recommendations?.I want it delivered ultra quickly.

Thanks