ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Parcel Shelf Vibration

Megane 265 Cup
Hi folks,

Anyone had issues with parcel shelf vibration? Had a search and see a few people but no real solutions, I can actually see the parcel shelf vibrating right in the middle of the shelf, it is only really when the car is sitting idle and the revs are down low, like sitting at traffic lights.

Very irritating and quite loud, the whole shelf seems to vibrate, any fixes? Suggestions welcome, cheers.

^ same for me

Routed through the odds and ends draws, found some 3m velcro discs... took the soft ones out and wrapped 2 each side, dramatic improvement..

Megane 265 Cup
Thanks hilldawg! Strange I typed in parcel shelf rattle and parcel shelf vibration into search and did not see that thread come up :mad:

Will give that a go!

Slow red one
Does anyone know why this happens? Only recently started doing it in mine and I just removed the parcel shelf, but curious as to why it started in the first place?

The parcel shelf as Jeremy Clarkson said something similar is "made out of tracing paper" so its light and bounces around.

And its not a snug fit to the guides that hold it each side, mine still rattles, but the felt pads have made it a hell of a lot better.