ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Parent Fail

Trophy #387
To go with the girlfriend fail recently posted.

So about 3 weeks ago I purchased a new set of alloys, Team Dynamics Pro Race 1.2s... Set me back about £550 including having tyres changed over, tracking sorted etc... And last week my parents used it for work, shopping etc because my Mums car was in the garage.

At the weekend my mate pointed out the kerbing on the front left alloy, goes all the way round the alloy and is in worse condition than my 12 month old alloys that I just got rid of. I know it wasn't me, I haven't even hit a kerb with them on, let alone scraped it all the way along one. Most frustrating thing in the world, because I could have bought a set of kerbed to f**k 1.2s for £200 probably.

Trophy #387
They deny that it was them! Really frustrating bro

It's just the way they drive, my Dad's always had company cars and my mum has a 15 year old Peugeot with hub caps... I guess it didn't occur to them at the time not to park right up against the kerb, so when they pull away it scrapes it to s**t.. nvm :(

Cerrone

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep
  RB Clio 182
This happend with my old Clio but she didn't ask to use the car she just took wen I was at work! Then she said.... No love it wasn't me!! Which just makes it worse!!!

ITB BG 182
This happen'd to a friend, he lent his mum the car for a day to do stuff, next day cleaning it and the alloy was kerb'd to hell.
He questioned his mum and she said its his fault for having expensive nice wheels, so when he picked up his mums car from the garage, went to park the car up, hit the kerb at a fair pace and bent both front wheels.

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
This happen'd to a friend, he lent his mum the car for a day to do stuff, next day cleaning it and the alloy was kerb'd to hell.
He questioned his mum and she said its his fault for having expensive nice wheels, so when he picked up his mums car from the garage, went to park the car up, hit the kerb at a fair pace and bent both front wheels.

FLOL @ the female logic there.

Brave stuffing the wheels up on her car as punishment, but I doubt she'd notice...

Evo 5 RS
weirdly it's my mum who has sympathy and appreciation. My old man dries cars with kitchen roll and a dust pan and brush.

clio 1.2
haaha

Trophy Turbo :)
Just think of all the times shes looked after you? Who cares if your mams scratched a alloy wheel get it fixed, im sure she wouldn't make you pay for her wheel if you marked that!!!

Its only a wheel, and she wont have done it on purpose!