ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Parrot mki9200

Listerine & Poledo
the car kit with ipod, usb, sd and 3.5mm inputs?

it's good, when it's not crashing out every 20 minutes.

careful with hopes on it delivering a decent amountof sound though, the golf stereo mine was attached to was much clearer and louder when asked to be.

I have a parrot handsfree and its great, bu tim thinking of replacing my head unit and parrot kit for 1 unit that has everything built in

Clio 197
I have two, one in our CR-V, and one in my 197, they do crash occassionally, but not bad at all, recently updated the software to accomodate my wife's iPhone4, so will see if they are any better.

Good enough for me to buy a second several months after getting the first.

Handsfree is excellent, iPod control is very good.

Listerine & Poledo
I have a parrot handsfree and its great, bu tim thinking of replacing my head unit and parrot kit for 1 unit that has everything built in

dont bother.

the headunit version of the car kit is just as good at crashing out every 5 mintues.

you're better off with an alpine or similar. may cost a little more, but worth it....

say, one of these with the ipod lead

http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/alpine-cde-113bt.html

in fiarness, the ipod control is pretty good though, you'd need a far more expensive headunit to match that angle of things

Nah i was going to replace my current sony head unit, and the parrot bluetooth setup for a full on pioneer with built in bluetooth

They only crash if a) your kit isnt running the latest software and b) your phone is running the latest software

BG 182
So it's a good bit of kit then if you keep the software up to date I've just bought 1 from eBay for 100 pound with is half the price they are in halfords

Listerine & Poledo
you'll soon enough find out.

This whole software point I don't buy, since I know mine was updated and the crashes happened when running off of USB, iPod or phone.

But, well, maybe I had a duff one.

Again, positively, it's got a good interface and is better sounding than renault head units

Dont go by halfords pricing, its a load of b****cks
I have been fitting these for 5 years and never do i have a customer ring up about "crashing issues" once updated

Clio 197
Possibly depends on how you are going to route it; I installed both of ours to use the line-in on the stereo, and are fine. You can set it up so that the music is streamed direct to the speakers, but that way you miss out on traffic alterts and can't alter the volume with the OE steering column remote.

Listerine & Poledo
How strange that this would pop up, im considering getting one for the BM, but i keep seeing reports of poor sound quality on music playback.

Any thoughts?

the BMW stereo is probably of better quality. The stero in a rep-spec golf was better than the parrott.

Ph1 - 172
Id Recommend the Bury kits over the Parrot ones. Little bit pricer but in my experience alot better quality.

Id Recommend the Bury kits over the Parrot ones. Little bit pricer but in my experience alot better quality.

I think the Crystal is better than the equivalent Ck3100 however the MKi range imo are in a different league, so many more music options to choose from

GT DCi , Astra MK 5
Just got a mki 9200 fitted yesterday so far it's been amazing no issues way it or anything works with my iPhone the only problem is were to put it in a clip were it doesn't look cramped