ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

PAS returning pipe part number request

Clio MkII 172 K reg
Hi everybody,
I read Edde's post about clio common problems that says this:
EDDE:
5) Another area of problem is the noise caused by a pressure build up in the PAS (power assisted stearing) system this is caused by a restrictive PAS return pipe. The modified pipe is a lot bigger and the one which can be replaced as part of the warently work (as of 6/3/05 this part is not on the Renault tech system) . All 182 come with the new pipe.

Anybody can post the renault right serial number of this part (182 PAS return pipe) so I could buy and repalce mine. Mostly because of the sound that mine 172's PAS make that just get my nuts.

Thank you
Lior

Lionel Richie
i "think" if you're car is LHD instead of UK (RHD) the pipes and rack will all be different, i maybe wrong though

Clio MkII 172 K reg
So what you suggest ? Can I just buy rubber pipe (strong type for high pressure) and replace with mine ? I'm just want to shut this annoying sound of the PAS.

Clio MkII 172 K reg
Have you tried replacing the pas fluid? Also check to see if the pump is knackered.
Now my 172 has 50K miles. Do you suggest to replace ? So far, I didn't see any recommendation when to replace PAS fluid. Can I do it myself ?
What you mean knackered ?

Fred, in IL we don't have any 182 so I don't know anybody with 182 LHD. Renault dealer imported clio sport between 2001 to 2003 so the 172 MK2 is the latest of it here.
MY chassis is VF1CB1NOF30065860. Engine number is K029558.

Thank you.

Clio MkII 172 K reg
Fred, any help with this please ? Does it difficult to replace the PAS fluid myself ? what type of fluid do I need ?