ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Pass side seat air bag blown after hitting pothole

A3 2.0TFSI QUATTRO
On my way to see the mrs last night and coming Out of a village and the road widens up to a "normal" country road and thick fog so stayed at the 30mph area as thats all i dared do.

100-150 yards down the road "BANG" hit a pothole at first i thought blow out but the car soon filled with smoke and smelt of fire works so i pulled over to find my pass side air bag has gone off and ripped the seat side to peices NOT A HAPPY CHAPPY !!!

Im going to take pictures of seat and pothole and send to local council.

I paid £200+ road tax this year hiw much does it cost to sort out a bloody pot hole

A3 2.0TFSI QUATTRO
Going to get pics of damage and then pics and get size of the pot holes and go to local council because ive been told to claim

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
Going to get pics of damage and then pics and get size of the pot holes and go to local council because ive been told to claim

you can claim if someone had already reported the pot hole to the council and they have yet to do anything about it.

first i would get a friend to report it and then phone in with your problem or just hope it has been reported already.

:)

clio 172 sport
i did exactly the same mate its a t**t init so iv had to stitch mine up untill i saved bit of cash for another seat!!

tiTTy & SV650
Renault have been known to make a contribution to the repair costs, even outwith warranty, as they are really big on safety. Although with obvious pothole damage they might not be interested.