ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Passed MOT

Clio 200 CUP
Hay guys passed my MOT after worrying about it lol but I have two Advisory Items and not sure how much they are to get done and if its a big job. Can someone please shed some light on it ?

001. Nearside front (rack arm) Ball joint has slight play

002. Offside front (rack arm) Ball joint has slight play

Anyone ?

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
My 153k 172 failed yesterday on just one with minor play which is tonights fix before home. Easy enough but i prefer to remive the entire hub to do it rather than struggle for space. Honest advice here based on experience - Don't buy cheap crap from eBay or autofactors as you'll be doing the job again in 8months time.

Call GSF and buy the proper TRW units and you'll be good for a damn sight longer and for slightly more cash. Do the job right... it it once!

You'll need the units with M12 bolts (if they ask)

Mick

XC90, 330d, Trophy’s
I replaced mine with Lemforder items from ECP, they arnt expensive atall.

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Thats another decent make. Ebay is flooded with cheap Chinesse crap as are a lot of autofactors.

Clio 200 CUP
I can see it only a cheap job now but i have been in to my garage and they was telling me when the car is low they tend to go very quickly and have been tolled the ones off eBay are cheap and nasty so popped in to Renault to day and they only sell them as one set setting me back £55 and I am not paying that for both sides.

So dose any one have any makes to go for?? was looking at KTec but will they stay strong for me or just go like my ones now as they are not cheap lol ??
http://www.k-tecracing.com/show_product.asp?id=3870&appid=2

Last edited:
  Clio 200 CUP
Just ordered The M12 Lemforder Ball Joints after reading good things about them on CS and finding discount codes on CS as well get them for £33 happy with that Thanks Guys !

:D