ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

PC booting prob

Elise/VX220/R26
Just got a new tower with a SATA hard drive. the mobo has an ide channel but when I plug anything into it I cant get past the initial boot screen. I did have it working before but all of a sudden got this probalem and it only clears when I remove the IDE drive. Tried different ide cable with no joy.

Any suggestions??

Ta!

GW RS200
Needs enabling in the BIOS somewhere? I used to have a MOBO that reset all it's settings to default on power failures. The amount of times I forgot and had my GFX card unstable was maddening!

DMS

A thirsty 172
You'll need to go into the BIOS and make a change or two.
Sounds like the boot order is wrong.

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
Sounds like you need a MAC ;)

on another not if you press f11 i think or f8 when booting up you get the boot menu. just change the first boot option

Clio 172mk2
if yer booting from a sata hd, have this set before any ide devce, also make sure in adv setup the ide`s are set to automatic rarther then specify whats connected to the cable