ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

PC hardware Geek advice needed.....

The Bus and MRT
I've been out of the hardware side of PC's for a long time so I need someone with more upto date knowledge to let me know if this setup looks ok to you, whether it could be inproved or saved upon without sacrificing too much performance.

Cheers :D

setup.gif

Can you also tell me which of these two types of ram you'd go for as they're the same price.....

Memory.gif

The Bus and MRT
aint there no packages mate?

i paid under £300 for mobo, 2 gig ram and processor

There is but they don't really work out any cheaper. The only one with Quad core that's cheaper comes with a motherboard with a Virtual Dual Bios instead of a quad core bios.... so I'd imagine I wouldn't get the most out of the chip with it.

As for the Memory and Graphics card... is that card the best to go for or would I be better off spunking another 110 for a better card and only having 2Gb of ram?

Evo 6, E92 320d
go for the ocz, if you plan to overclock it is able to cope with different voltages running through it(a little more versatile, the crucial could be volatile ;) )

Punto/Clio GTT
aint there no packages mate?

i paid under £300 for mobo, 2 gig ram and processor

There is but they don't really work out any cheaper. The only one with Quad core that's cheaper comes with a motherboard with a Virtual Dual Bios instead of a quad core bios.... so I'd imagine I wouldn't get the most out of the chip with it.

As for the Memory and Graphics card... is that card the best to go for or would I be better off spunking another 110 for a better card and only having 2Gb of ram?

ahh kk

i got the exact same graphics card and tbh every game ive played i play on max settings with every detail up full whack and highest resolution.

i average around 100fps on a 58 player server. upto 250 fps on a 10 man server.

lowest ive seen it drop to is 60-70fps on a 64 man server.

awesome graphics card

The Bus and MRT
OCZ ram, and i would change the gts to the 640mb rather than the 320mb version

Getting rid of 2Gb of Ram? It's an extra 70 quid and not sure if I can afford it

ahh kk

i got the exact same graphics card and tbh every game ive played i play on max settings with every detail up full whack and highest resolution.

i average around 100fps on a 58 player server. upto 250 fps on a 10 man server.

lowest ive seen it drop to is 60-70fps on a 64 man server.

awesome graphics card

Looks like the 320Mb version will suffice then?