ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

PC People Help Please!

Punto/Clio GTT
hmmm ill try it inasec, its curently set to 1st boot dvd 2nd boot hd

cooking atm so gimme 10 mins to report back ;)

Not a Clio
Reading around it could be a partition issue.

Do you have any existing partitions on this drive? Does the Vista pre-install setup allow you to create / delete partitions? I believe you need to install it to a partition, however people have had trouble installing to a partition made using other software.

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
hmmm ill try it inasec, its curently set to 1st boot dvd 2nd boot hd

cooking atm so gimme 10 mins to report back ;)

no worries, i am currently ordering dominos. see you on the other side brother.

Last edited:
  Punto/Clio GTT
ok tried switching boot up to hdd first dvd second, still same.

the hdd has only the 1 partition, i aint ever split it up.

windows dont let me partition it, just says refresh, format, next

Not a Clio
Are you sure? XP used to let you delete and create partitions...

Edit: I'm looking at a screenshot of the beta version and the screen that lets you choose the partition to install to has a delete and create option...

Punto/Clio GTT
ok sorted it i think. ive hit Delete and its deleted a partition and its allowed me to create a new one, its allowed me to click next too and its now installin vista, wish me luck :D

Punto/Clio GTT
all installed, no problems apart from that glitch, just copying files overnow like music then ill get half life 2 on and check the graphics :D

Cupra
Nice!! I am just about to start building mine.. managed to get them from the neighbour finally!

Perhaps a few questions coming this way shortly.....

Cupra
I was going to finish mine off this evening but am just back from a BBQ and am completely ratted... playing with electrostaticsensitive things probably is not a good idea. Might have a coffee and try anyway. ;)

Cupra
Pc powers up, all fans spin, lights up etc but there is no video output. The card has power as the fan on that is also spinning.

The case does not have a speaker so I can't hear any BIOS beeps.... looks like a rebuild and start from the beginning again to see what it is.

I was hoping that this was going to be an easy one!

T

thecremeegg

Checked the monitor connection is well seated? mine looked fine once but it was that causing the issue lol
Havent got built in graphics on the MB have you?

Cupra
The fan on the card is turning so it must have power. The monitor cable is also screwed in pretty tight. I will have another go tonight and take it to pieces bit by bit.

There is no onboard graphics card, might have to ask somebody to borrow their graphics card to do a test.

Punto/Clio GTT
hows it going dutch?

i just had to do a full reinstall of vista due to removing nero from my system :S

wouldnt boot up, popped in windows cd tried to repair boot up, that crashed, then it buggered the partition on the harddrive so i had to start again, oh well lol

Cupra
I started a new thread as I am getting so pissed off with my PC!! You have had it easy!

Just out of interst, was your P5B the vanilla version or Deluxe? The Geil ram is not on the recomended manufacterers list but as it is sold together as a package on a couple of sites it should not be causing a problem.. I hope.

Have spent three hours messing about with it tonight and cannot get as far as the BIOS screen.... you have no idea how frustrated I am.

Sounds lilke you are having fun with it anyway!

Punto/Clio GTT
i dunno the difference between the deluxe and vanilla, on the sticker it says P5B <GREEN> if that helps, im running the geil ram too.

put both ram in the yellow slots on the mobo as a complete guess

Cupra
The vanilla is the basic board... there are four of five different models of the P5B. Deluxe - Wifi being the top dog.

Apparently different models are compatable with different RAM so I wondered if you were using the same version as me.

Packed the whole thing away last night and put it in the corner so that I could cool down....