ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

[PC/Xbox360/PS3] Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Official Thread

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Well, pleased to confirm the servers are back and running. Bad news, it is a complete and utter lag fest, I mean really bad. Jumping all over the place making it really hard to kill people. I found it ok before they fiddled with it, this is mid afternoon too, dread to think what it'll be like when everyone is on tonight. Oh and the online store......still not there. Rubbish EA, rubbish! Maybe tomorrow's downtime will fix things but at the moment it's worse than before. This is on PS3, hope it's better for everyone else.

Hopefully this is the case. Mind you, I'm on 360.

Bumder With A Buffer
Gay I wanted to buy this on the way home too :(

Edit does this have a single player campaign or is it all online like Socom/MAG??

Bumder With A Buffer
Jog on! ;)

PS3...Oh and it keeps chucking me out of games too with "connection to server lost" crap :(

Seems quite good so far...although I have no idea what the hell im doing! :eek:

AK

M240i
richy22 said:
Jog on! ;)

PS3...Oh and it keeps chucking me out of games too with "connection to server lost" crap :(

Seems quite good so far...although I have no idea what the hell im doing! :eek:

First fail right there lol..

Yup my xbox hasn't kicked me out yet... Ooh yeah!

Octy VRS
It seems to have got a bit better now, not so much lag and haven't been kicked out again. Maybe they forgot to plug the servers in earlier, or turned it off and on again.

AK

M240i
oska said:
It seems to have got a bit better now, not so much lag and haven't been kicked out again. Maybe they forgot to plug the servers in earlier, or turned it off and on again.

I get that feeling lol..

Infact.. It was you that said you can drill holes in the Walls for snipers.... So how do you do it ;)?!

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
I get that feeling lol..

Infact.. It was you that said you can drill holes in the Walls for snipers.... So how do you do it ;)?!

Doesn't work on walls as such, but does on thinner veils such as the tin shelters etc. So my mate days anyway.

Octy VRS
I get that feeling lol..

[vague]That was from the first clip I saw when they were demonstrating. Not sure with snipers though, is it just engineers with drills? I did some in the demo I think. The concrete barricades work best. [/vague] :eek:

Just got the M60 in Medic class, oooh it's good....like a rapid firing sniper rifle with the scope. Spotting is a major part of the game I've found, really helpful to your team and worth good points. Had a go on the night time map, great fun in the UAV as people can't see well so spotting is essential, got some good TOW strikes too. No one knew what hit them.

AK

M240i
What night time map?

Yeah I prefer sniping so do a lot of spotting...

Also good points in being an engineer and going in a tank etc...

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Haha yeah was typing on iPhone.

Will try Medic when I've finished with Engineer class, which I'm finding great at the moment. Going to go back to sniper later, though, if I get back on.

When it starts to jump and flicker, I find that going into Single player for 5 minutes or so helps. Go back to MP and have another go. You can always tell if it's going to jump by just watching the preview of the level before hand. If it stutters during this, avoid.

Night time map? There's only 4 maps on Conquest, anyway.

Scirocco 2.0 tsi
Medic is imo the best class, consistently get most kills on squad deathmatch with it.

I don't understand this drilling sniper holes malarky i've never even heard of it???

Bumder With A Buffer
Quite good though! Need to get used to sniping more I think...the Rifle you start off with sometimes lets you fire 2 or 3 shots and other times it does a reload/C0ck inbetween?? :S

AK

M240i
Nah that's the lag mate..

I've reloaded my sniper 3 times and it was still empty the night due to lag lol!

Scirocco 2.0 tsi
Think that was just lag mate, the sniper rifle u start with imo is much better than any other you will get for a long time. I've unlocked like 3 now and none are as good as the first, they fire faster but do less damage, i'd rather learn to kill in 1 shot than spam 3 or 4 as often *sings* you only get 1 shot, so make it count (sorry, closet JLS fan)

Bumder With A Buffer
Oh so it doesnt c0ck inbetween shots?? Mine has been all night! No wonder I was getting owned lots...I blew myself up with my own C4 as well :eek:

AK

M240i
No it does c**k lol.. shoots once them c***s.. the shooting 3 or 4 times before cocking was lag :)

AK

M240i
Yup i got one in mine and entered it the min i started the game lol.

You go into the store and it prompts you to enter the code if you've got it..

Never above 25mpg
Lag was crap the other night when all the weapons went even though they were there in the stats.

Sniping is good fun, M24+12x Scope = immense fun.

Waiting to get the M95 really and also want the machine gun on the UAV.