ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

[PC/Xbox360/PS3] Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Official Thread

Citroen DS3 DSport
I bought this yesterday for the PS3 but have not had a chance to play it yet, hopefully later tonight.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
I bought this yesterday for the PS3 but have not had a chance to play it yet, hopefully later tonight.

Personally m8, I'd get stuck into the single player campaign. It doesn't take too long and it gives you a good heads-up for the look and feel of the game - especially the different weapon types.

D.

Tesla MP3 2021
Cant get into this game at all. All the games I seem to join, mainly Rush I just get destroyed straight away either by someone in a vehicle, tank or chopper. I like the idea of being able to choose your spawn but even when you pick a neutral point there seems to be loads of campers and I just get killed straight away. I think I am trying to compare it to MW2 too much. It probably is a great game once you get into it but I dont know if I can give it the time! Only played a few matches and only had one decent game where I got over 15 kills!!

DCi
Dave said:
I thought back button on Xbox was for "spotting" enemies? Lighting them up. Though it works intermittently I think
you just have to be quite accurate to get the back button to work... Which is annoying because I'd rather just shoot!

Bumder With A Buffer
Me and Kev had a good 4 hour session last night, I'm getting used to things now (ish) and it's bloody awesome when u have 2 people talking to each other in a tank. Although certain tanks are a f**king beast to kill! :(

Astra SRI/ Hornet
Ha yeah you helped alot cheers dude. Was good crack. Yeah the tanks are weird 1 shot from some and your dead where we were pounding them. Lol

Bumder With A Buffer
That last level we played with the 4 flags I thought we did really well on, everyone else on our team was way behind on score. No doubt il play it today and get raped!!!

Bumder With A Buffer
Yeah I got me and Kev killed twice on a quad :eek:

once when itried to to run through the middle of 2 tanks and once on an AT mine :eek:

whoops!

Astra SRI/ Hornet
Been getting quite a few kills on it today, really love the f2000 with pinkish sight I think, haven't unlocked it I just go round with my pea shooter looking for sum1 or a dead body. Lol
and richy it was teamwork that made us do so well ; ). And has any1 played cod after this game? It's really messed my game up by knifing when I wanna croutch. Lol

Bumder With A Buffer
I'm still to get the knife achievement :(

think it's 4 knife kills in a game and I had 3 earlier, went to knife my 4th guy and got sniped literally as I killed him, so I got sniped first then killed him which didn't count :(

Clio 1.2 16v
you just have to be quite accurate to get the back button to work... Which is annoying because I'd rather just shoot!

Your team has a certain alocation of 'spots' at any given time, so if someone (usually a 'sniper') is mashing the spot button other members lose out. Used well by a decent recon (pressing every few seconds) it is literally game changing.

Ph1 172.
. Used well by a decent recon (pressing every few seconds) it is literally game changing.

This is very accuate, based on my own experience. It makes a huge difference when playing Squad Deathmatch as well. If you stick together and the rest of your squad is 'spotting' then it is easy to be at the 50 kill limit before the other squads have even got to 30.

AK

M240i
Just unlocked the .50 cal :cool:

Pretty shite tbh... Doesn't even kill in one shot to the body, neither is it fast at reloading :(

Clio 1.2 16v
Just unlocked the .50 cal :cool:

Pretty s**te tbh... Doesn't even kill in one shot to the body, neither is it fast at reloading :(

Bodyshots? BODYSHOTS!? Go for the head, man! A real M95 isn't fast at reloading either ;)

DCi
Your team has a certain alocation of 'spots' at any given time, so if someone (usually a 'sniper') is mashing the spot button other members lose out. Used well by a decent recon (pressing every few seconds) it is literally game changing.
ahhhhh never realised that... hairy muff

AK

M240i
Duck said:
Bodyshots? BODYSHOTS!? Go for the head, man! A real M95 isn't fast at reloading either ;)

Lol I do go for head shots... Just sometimes end up hitting the body :eek:

Scirocco 2.0 tsi
Its the best bolt action imo, the reload isn't *that* slow, only slightly slower than the M24, and it does do extra damage i find that not getting a headshot i still get the kill sometimes on the upper body where as it would never of done it with the M24.

I'd advise everyone to stick to bolt action rifles tbh if you want to be any good.

Astra SRI/ Hornet
right this game is really pissing me off now, i actually like the game now but everytime im doing well i get kicked out, it always seems to be when i get to 11 kills. id say every 3 games it happens. signal strength is always 95% so its not me.

Bumder With A Buffer
Im the same kev I get kicked off some games :( usually happens during peak times as when me and u played it was fine and was fine last night too.

Astra SRI/ Hornet
It takes a few month for the peasants to afford games so give it a couple of months and it will be on xbox ; ).

JB

RB 182 Cup
Was playing the harbour level yesterday on rush as the Russians. We were getting creamed by an Apache that kept landing behind some cooling towers and the pilot hopping out and reparing it before flying back at us.

I've not really bothered with the UAV but was trying my luck to hit it with the dialled in Hellfires! Saw him land in his usual spot and the pilot jump out - no time to wait for the missiles to come back online so DIVE DIVE DIVE! I managed to level out just in time to kill the pilot by flying into him as he repaired his helicopter then repeatedly flew into the side of the Apache, before the gunner had time to swap positions and take off one final hit blew me and him up.

BAM! 100 points for vehicle kill + 100 for the 2 enemies :cool:

Clio 1.2 16v
Its the best bolt action imo, the reload isn't *that* slow, only slightly slower than the M24, and it does do extra damage i find that not getting a headshot i still get the kill sometimes on the upper body where as it would never of done it with the M24.

I'd advise everyone to stick to bolt action rifles tbh if you want to be any good.

Killing a bolt action sniper with a semi-auto or the full-auto is awesome. Again, the ideal weapon at range is a bolt action, but 90% of recon guys online are stupid enough to let you bodyshot them to death with a semi-auto. This same crowd also suck at hitting their target AT ALL!

Obviously the auto rifles are designed with certain scenarios in mind, and they excel at these (mainly marksman-type roles at mid-range), but learn to headshot as often as you would with a bolt action and you're superior in 99% of stand-offs. Very satisfying to know that you've beaten a foe with the clear upper hand.

If they hit you, mortar the buggers ;)

AK

M240i
I find i get most kills (if i miss the head and hit the body) by quickly changing to the pistol and firing a few shots (without moving the aim) as they 99% of the time dont move once they're hit the first time lol

Clio 1.2 16v
I find i get most kills (if i miss the head and hit the body) by quickly changing to the pistol and firing a few shots (without moving the aim) as they 99% of the time dont move once they're hit the first time lol

And THIS, my friends, is how you gold the pathetic waterpistol that is the M93Reloadyourprimaryi'museless. Alternatively no-scope them. Anyone else prefer to no-scope in close-quarter battles instead of grabbing the pistol? Take THAT, centre mass! Much cleaner than a game of knifey-spoony IMO.