ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

PCB help - PWM signal to PPM converter.

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
Anyone on here handy with PCB’s? I have a board that sends out a PWM signal to imitate a RC receiver. But the signal I need it to put out as well is a PPM signal.

I’ve looked online for PWM to PPM converters, but the ones available aren’t really suitable. Ideally I would like to incorporate/redesign the board I have so it does everything.

I’m all ears for suggestions!

Touring_Rob

ClioSport Club Member

So you want to make a simulator type board with a potentiometer (or several) as inputs (for each channel?) then the board outputs signals as PWM and (or) PPM for each channel to drive RC servos on the bench (out of the RC car/plane)?

Different to this?

Or this:

Touring_Rob

ClioSport Club Member
The short answer is yes, I think I could design this for you and make one.

At a very rough guess to build one (because you aren't in any form of production) I think it would take a couple of weeks and would cost £50. But need specifics on precisely what you want the board to do...

Unless I am totally misunderstanding what you want (im thinking replace the part that makes the PWM completely), the other option is to build a little module that sits between your PWM generator and the servo. If thats the case I think it would be £20 for an arduino and a few evenings of code.

Happy to help if I can - option 2 is much simpler!

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
The short answer is yes, I think I could design this for you and make one.

At a very rough guess to build one (because you aren't in any form of production) I think it would take a couple of weeks and would cost £50. But need specifics on precisely what you want the board to do...

Unless I am totally misunderstanding what you want (im thinking replace the part that makes the PWM completely), the other option is to build a little module that sits between your PWM generator and the servo. If thats the case I think it would be £20 for an arduino and a few evenings of code.

Happy to help if I can - option 2 is much simpler!
You sir, are a legend! I shall drop you a pm later on with the details in. I have a picture of the original circuit board so you can see what’s what as well. 👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻