ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

People with Forza 2 already in the UK

The Bus and MRT
.. seen quite a few people who've managed to grab a copy from the stores that have already got the stock in. One bloke had got his from tesco, tried all the ones round here (stockport) and can't get them to sell me one, anyone else got any ideas?

I know it's only 8 days but I'm impatient :evil:

Oggy997

ClioSport Club Member
  997.1, Caddy, e208
Car looks too frigging big!

Not as good as I thought, seem to prefer Test Drive, but even that grew on me slowly.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
i would be interested in somewhere that has them early too!

i have mine on pre-order with play.com at the mo

Nippy white cup
Fantasic handling imo. Engine sounds are spot on and apart from the jaggies (I use in car so not an issue) I think the visuals are good (apart from GTR on the pc I have never seen a racer where the dust in the air from other cars gets displaced by cars driving through it).

Add to this the tuning aspect and personalising your car with your own colours/logos etc and the online side of things I think it will be brilliant imo

Chris

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Its a grower, much like every latest version of Pro Evo. Takes time to build. The original Forza for me was awful at first, when compared with GT4. After I'd played for a while though, it was amazing.

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
i enjoyed the demo don't get me wrong. However, there were a few things that could have been improved upon, mainly the visuals, which, are IMO not as good as PGR3. No cockpit view, and the amount of telemetry info etc, is overkill, i mean whos actually going to sit there analysing various tyre temperatures g force, and suspension travel etc. It all adds up to a "racer without a soul" according to IGN.

I would have prefer to see either more details environments or at least some better car models, which although look pretty good, are plagued by jaggies and stuttering reflections.

I'm still looking forward to it, and will spend lots of time on it, but I don't think its the definitive racing game that everyone is expecting.

Lee

BMW M2C
The track shown in the demo was a bad choice. Most the other tracks look a lot better.

Plus it runs at 60fps.

The Bus and MRT
I loved the demo. Only thing I didn't like about it was the way the shaders on the car, they looked a lot shinier than all the screenshots I've seen and the paint looked far too dark.

Handling was fantastic though with all the driving aids of and so was the sound. Can't wait to get a car going in the full game though. only a week to go :( ordered mine from shopto.net, apparently they deliver the game the day before release

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
No c*ckpit view?? Is this omitted from the full game too?

Last edited:

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
anyone else pre-ordered from play.com?

do they deliver early too? or on the day at least?!

i'm pondering whether to cancel and just get down to the shops on friday morning :S

The Bus and MRT
anyone else pre-ordered from play.com?

do they deliver early too? or on the day at least?!

i'm pondering whether to cancel and just get down to the shops on friday morning :S

Not had a pre-order with them for quite a while but they used to so you should be ok. I might cancel mine with shopto.net unless it arrives a day early

Lee

BMW M2C
Shopto ship when they get it. Play vary.

Mine is coming from Play, but I'll be at a wedding reception on the 8th so won't be around to play it anyway.

MY10 R35 GTR
i'd watch out whats being said on this guys. Friens of mine works in Game and i jokinly said can I get my copy early. He said they dont get them till a day or two before release and if your found sellinig copies before release date you've got a £10k fine comin your way.

MY10 R35 GTR
lookig at the car list for forza 2 im gona be lost at which cars to have!!!

Gona want two of each, a standard one and a tuned one :)

The Bus and MRT
cancelled my pre order... thought the demo was dull.
I also dont have that much free time.
Gonna save my pennys for burnout 5 i think

GHEY!
just cos u couldnt stay on track :rasp:

The last few burnout games have been ridiculous, handling doesn't exists and there's no need for the break and you can get away with far too much. The first ones the slightest clip would cause you to wreck. Maybe burnout 5 will be better

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
Forza 2 rocks, I've pre-ordered my special edition one from GAME, paid the price of the normal one :)

Civic Si
i'd watch out whats being said on this guys. Friens of mine works in Game and i jokinly said can I get my copy early. He said they dont get them till a day or two before release and if your found sellinig copies before release date you've got a £10k fine comin your way.

yeah but thats a 10k fine to the company that sold it to you.. not the person who bought it.

plus for a game like forza, which is a big game, game stores would receive the first batch of deliverys on the monday before release.

Fiesta ST
I wouldn't be put off by the demo - the final game is better!

Forza 2 isn't easy - it will take time to get into and practice. Once you start completing laps flawlessly you feel so proud of yourself.

The Bus and MRT

Forza 2 isn't easy - it will take time to get into and practice. Once you start completing laps flawlessly you feel so proud of yourself.

Care to Divulge where you've got a full copy from ;)

MY10 R35 GTR

yeah but thats a 10k fine to the company that sold it to you.. not the person who bought it.

plus for a game like forza, which is a big game, game stores would receive the first batch of deliverys on the monday before release.

thats what i meant, sorry just read what I wrote didnt work it right lol

dk

911 GTS Cab
do people think i should cancel with play.com then?

better to get it from GAME in the morning?
if you want it the day before release then i would go with gameplay, every game i have ever ordered from them has arrived 1-2 days before release date.

BMW M4; S1000 RR
Play usually deliver the day before.

I've pre-ordered from Game who apparently do the same. If it doesn't show up, I'll buy it from store and take the one from the net back when it shows up.

Evo 6, E92 320d
preorderd mine from the guys @ local GAME, only work 2 mins from it, plus i wanted the preorder points for money off vouchers. there isgoing to be alot more in the final copy , obviously most features are turned off in demo or the file size would be crazy

Megane R26

I agree completely, the final game is better. i'm only 12% through my career & so addicted. the ms steering wheel makes it perfect too, i highly recommend it.