ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

perfect start in 16v

so come on ive been trying to get some 0-60 times lately, and i loss so much time as soon as i pull away, just wonderign what techniques if any. oh its the proper 16v by the way ;)

thanks

nev

So you havent got the 1.2 then? ;)

I reading on that fastchip site it was 3000rpm or something, ill try and check again

Launch control
Acts like a lowered rev limiter, activated by the clutch switch. When you press the clutch, the rev limit will be lowered to the preset launch limiter. An ideal launch limit is 4000 rpm for the 16V. Great for consistent launches during drag racing.
The ideal launch rpm depends on friction between tire and track and engine power. For that you can adjust the rpm level with 100 rpm increments.

nev

ive been doing a lot standing starts lately and i found the best revs to launch with is 4k.

if ur running seventeens its perfect little screech of tires and off you go, any more revs and you i just too much well spin

it will fly off with revs at about 3k and shant belong before you hit the power band

been doing some runds myself and think a 0-60 time of about 7.1- 7.3 is what my car is hitting

wongy

im alittle confused here.. do you mean hold her @ 4k then just dump the clutch or... rev her at 4k then slip the clutch?! would you not stall if you if just dump the clutch like that?

Was a Clio 1.8 16v

4k is the ideal rev with my PiperX IK but u need skill to feather the clucth right IMO, still to try with my air box back on but will probably be the same.

rockport

feed in but relatively quickly while feeding in more throttle slowy too, if u feed in the clutch too slowly you will be clutch slip/burn, no good

seems there is real skill needed to launch a 16v properely due to low torque nature of engine

mikey

i hated launching with the piper x. launchin with air box saves loads of time, probably cos heat is all shielded unlike the piper x when ur just sat there, no good, hated the piper x its a right waste of time

wongy

looks liek im gonna have to go out and play tonight then, thanks people

wongy, saw ur bro again last night, was gonn afollwo him see if he wanted to play but i was three up with a full tank of petrol, and wed all just consumed lots of mcdonalds, have to wait till the next time.

hello nev,

yeh see u last night thru staines...car looked nice...

do hope i come across u going the same direction next time...ill be more than up for a little play so to speak ;)

danny

alright mate keep an eye out, would of stopped but had to take my bro to go pick up his car. he left it in tescos and its a bit dodgy in there. cheers mate, luv ur number plate looks well cool.

thanx...

yeah will keep eye out for ya next time...tbh thats the first time ive seen u driving around though...usually see ur car parked up down a road nr sainsbury...

yeah i work in the building next to where i park up. i saw u a few weeks back one mornign goign through staines. do u live round here then.

well i go uni at royal holloway and staying at halls in egham...just usually go staines cos as ull no theres jack all in egham...

yeh i see ur car ages ago parked down there...u didne have ur 17s then either....took a photo of it for my bro to show him ur splitter, which i have to admit looks mint...

:oops:

much prefer it with the new wheels. yeah i saw ur with ur saxo werent sure what u were upto cos i only noticed just as u were bout to leaving.

eghams a great place aint it, ha ha so much to do there. my girlfriends works down at the uni so im sometimes down ther with my car.

oh right...nah i was just driving along one day and noticed ur car...done a u-turn down the road and thought id get a few pics...

yeh egham must be the quietest place ever...probably the reason im always out and about...but still i dont see u often...must keep my eyes open for ya...

When i first got my 16v i tried to race a 106 GTi off the lights, Was dry so took it up to 3-4k and let loose and my clutch blew up! v.v.embarrassing and expensive, and wont be doing it again! Why would this be? On the way out or too much stress?

it shattered i think, could hear springs flying all over the place and some lovely crunching noise. Infact i remember it happening and i could still drive it for about a mile with the clutch then more spring and crunching noise. Was really weird, almost like it cracked and half of it shattered, then the rest went a bit further on? If i knew it was on its way out then thats fine, but i dont want to rag it incase it happens again.

Was a Clio 1.8 16v

Did u uprate ur clutch when u had a new 1?

I think its alright for the clutch in small moderation. As long as ur not donutting/genrally ragging it & dumping clutch on high revs by dropping a gear, etc.

ExigeV6|Q5|DS3|Fiat

I find if i dump the clutch as 4k it give to much wheel spin. I normally hover around 3k so when i dump the clutch its just before the powerband, so once the grip is sorted, powerband cuts in and off i go to 7.1s to 60.

Nope, didn t even get a sport clutch, just a standard 16v/williams one. Should have up-graded really. Well fuk it, I can get them fitted for 100 labour, So ill give it ago when i get my car back and if it breaks again, sport clutch it is.

Quote: Originally posted by aaronc on 11 April 2003

I find if i dump the clutch as 4k it give to much wheel spin. I normally hover around 3k so when i dump the clutch its just before the powerband, so once the grip is sorted, powerband cuts in and off i go to 7.1s to 60.
Sounds exactly what I do, and I know Im getting low 7s to 60.

Was a Clio 1.8 16v

ALWAYS dumb downs no matter what u do with clutch pedal in my experiance, but if youve got better lower torque than a standard 16v then it should probably work.