ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Petrol cap jammed

Cliosport 197
Hey bought this car a few weeks back, just stopped at the petrol station and tried everything my petrol cap is jammed, anyone got any suggestions or know any tricks as I have no fuel and got work tomorrow

If it's the same petrol cap as the Clio 200 I used to have, I can't see how it could jam up?

Is it the flap or the petrol cap you put the key and turn?

2004 1.5 DCi 80 Dyna
when my car froze in winter, the fuel flap literally pulled off lol, can you not pull it off? you can get 30cm crow bars lol, or a knife.

Cliosport 197
well being a woman, im bloody useless, and im at work lol

The boyfriends mum is trying to find a garage to take it 2 to see if they will help.

Remind me never to buy from Renault again, ive had nothing but problems!!

BMW M135i
Sounds the the solenoid for the locking bar isn't working. Can you hear it operate when you unlock/lock the car?

You won't break it off without damaging something but if its like the meganes then you may be able to bend the plastic cover open enough to push the rod back. Its at the top in the middle.

FF Clio 182 Silver
Big flat headed screwdriver then! ive got one thats 300mm long..that would do the trick..

good points - youd get petrol

bad points- will enivitable dent your car...but hey sorts the problem youd just have a new one...a dent...

BMW M135i
Big flat head won't work need a long phillips or a very long small headed flat head. And you won't dent the car either unless you do something totally amazing.