ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

PH1 172 Rarity - Features?

120d M-Sport
Hi all.

Ok after reading this forum for quite some time ive noticed some thing on the PH1 172 that are meant to be pretty rare, so just trying to figure what comes on them.

Mine has...

Gear Shift Light
Alloy Bonnet
Rear Heater Blowers

I dont know if many Ph1 172s come with rear heaters, correct me if am wrong! What did yours come with?:D

Please dont flame me if this thread has been made before, i ran a search but couldnt find a thread similar!:eek:

Cheers guys :)

ChrisCurr

ClioSport Club Member
  RenaultSport clio 17
I've got alloy bonnet, shift light and the rear blowers (They are under the front seats). Mines a W Reg in Titainium.

ahh, must have a look for them.

Mine was a W reg

EDIT: Theres nothing under my seats apart from the disc changer under the drivers seat.

120d M-Sport
Either side of the parcel shelf there are blowers? I seem to have anyway :S

Cheers for all the replies guys! Seems most of you have the same features as me :D

Craig

ClioSport Club Member
  E46 330i tourer
are the speakers not in the side doors mate like the ph2s. i think the holes at either side of the parcel shelf are just that

ChrisCurr

ClioSport Club Member
  RenaultSport clio 17
The blowers can be seen only from the back seat when you've got the front seat tilted forward. They are about 2x4cm and pertude out of the carpet.

audi a6 3.0tdi
my oddysy blue had those blowers when i stripped it i don't think its anything special mate

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Well knock me down with a badger .. I have just found them !!!!!!!!

They run through the central console, and out under the seats !

Not very big, mind...

Gav_r26

ClioSport Club Member
  2006 Megane R26
How do you tell if you've got an alloy bonnet? And don't say it's lighter than the steel one as I have nothing to compare it too! Also where abouts on the dash is the shift light if you've got one? Don't think I have cos i've never noticed it.

Craig

ClioSport Club Member
  E46 330i tourer
if the dash lights the same as the 182 its the bottom right corner its a little gear stick that flashes when your about to hit the limiter

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
How do you tell if you've got an alloy bonnet? And don't say it's lighter than the steel one as I have nothing to compare it too! Also where abouts on the dash is the shift light if you've got one? Don't think I have cos i've never noticed it.

Bonnet + magnet ... magnet stays on .. bonnet = steel. magnet falls off .. bonnet = alloy :eek:

Shift light .. Push the pedal into carpet ! If the green gearstick looking light on the left side of the rev counter comes on before the fuel-cut, then you have one :D

:cool:

Jon.L

ClioSport Club Member
  911 GT3 & Audi Q8
Ive got shift light, alloy bonnet, and shes iceberg which is pretty rare im told in the ph1 172's?

not sure about the heaters though ill have a lil looksey tommorrow

Mines got the alloys bonnet and shift light, I don't know about the heater blowers, i ve never been in the back!

Gav_r26

ClioSport Club Member
  2006 Megane R26
Bonnet + magnet ... magnet stays on .. bonnet = steel. magnet falls off .. bonnet = alloy :eek:

Shift light .. Push the pedal into carpet ! If the green gearstick looking light on the left side of the rev counter comes on before the fuel-cut, then you have one :D

:cool:

Good plan batman! I blame being at work at stupid times! You'd think working with aluminum all day i would have thought of that myself :eek:

Shift light shall be investigated...

Scirocco GT 210
I owned a ph1 172 for 3.5 years and I never knew about these rear heaters. :eek:

Mine had a shift light but no alloy bonnet.

It's amazing how everybody in this thread seems to have the "rare" alloy bonnet on their clio. Strange that. lol

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
pmsl at things being rare....they ain't that rare

the alloy bonnet is really obvious even if you don't have anything to compare it too, they are pretty light.

pmsl at things being rare....they ain't that rare

the alloy bonnet is really obvious even if you don't have anything to compare it too, they are pretty light.

indeed... you can lift the fucker up with your little finger no bother. Its the only useful "rare option" that you could have on the Ph1.

Saying that, it wasnt even an option. Very hit or miss if you got it or not, some of the very early cars had it, some of the very last cars had it. Parts bin special FTW.