ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ph1 Clio 172 - OBD II Compatable? Cheap eBay code readers any good?

realnumber 1

ClioSport Club Member
I have a bluetooth one hooked up to my Desire and its very good. Found the same fault as the AA man did (misfire on cylinder 4) and can reset them if you want... With all the other stuff like 0-60, 1/4 mile runs, G-force's and economy... It's like having a Skyline computer in the car!

Mine cost £20 for the ODB + full app and PC CD.

I have that lead for my Ph1 - its a clone of a genuine ELM so getting software to work with it is a pain, but it does work to an extent.

I have a bluetooth one hooked up to my Desire and its very good. Found the same fault as the AA man did (misfire on cylinder 4) and can reset them if you want... With all the other stuff like 0-60, 1/4 mile runs, G-force's and economy... It's like having a Skyline computer in the car!

Was that on a Ph1 clio?

I have that lead for my Ph1 - its a clone of a genuine ELM so getting software to work with it is a pain, but it does work to an extent.

Are there any others you would recommend?

I got one to see if it was any good.

I had to download some drivers to get it to work on Vista, no real instructions. But after that it worked fine. Fault reading/reseting and also live stats like temps, rpm, lambda. That was on my 182.

If you've got AA membership or similar just phone them and tell them the car is stuttering and you can't drive it (if you've got home start). I had a misfire TODAY and got a technician out who put a diagnostic tool on and told me which cylinder the misfire was on. Cheaper than buying a code reader IF you've already got breakdown cover with home start.

J273

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182
I got one to see if it was any good.

I had to download some drivers to get it to work on Vista, no real instructions. But after that it worked fine. Fault reading/reseting and also live stats like temps, rpm, lambda. That was on my 182.

What software do you use?

Thanks

172 cup

Ive just got the HTC desire, but not sure which bluetooth OBD to buy, where did you get yours from?

CBR1000RR Fireblade
I have purchased the lead and software posted in the link. I got it working today. For £15 delivered it's a very good piece of kit. I used it to check my fault codes, it showed the lambda fault from when the it wasn't plugged back in recently. So I used it to clear all codes. Then I started the car and out of interest i flicked through different things it measured. It brought up; inlet temp and pressure, both lambda readings, engine load, RPM, etc.

Well worth the money IMO. Plus charge your mates a fiver when they get error codes to clear them off and the kinwill have paid for it's self after a few.