ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

PH1 Cutting out

Hi guys, ive read every thread i could see and none of them have solved my problem. It's an intermitant fault which is most annoying.

car cuts outs only every so offten at junctions, can go for a blast come to hault then try to pull away and it will stutter and then cut out. i cant think what it could be, in the past 1k miles the following have been replaced, icv, tps, plugs, leads, coilpack. crank sensors has been cleaned and no change. (lambda is mapped out)

The car runs adaptronic ecu so i cant bring any faults up via clip, unsure if the apaptronic has its own diagnosis software.

Any ideas are welcome!

KT

Ph1 172 and Ph1 225
Mine does the exact same thing but it tends to be more after I've given it a tickle. I only notice because I'll be coming upto a junction and the steering goes. Look down. Cars died.

It's just an intermittent fault and I can't find it so I'll keep my eye on this.

Good luck though mate

RS RIP
mine has is too, now + then. I'm thinking over-fueling in the low revs, causing it to cut out.

Well after diagnosing this as a dodgy map sensor built into the ecu with scoff checking all the logs I ordered a external one and fitted that today all was well untill it decided to cut out at a junction again car started again after a few minutes but now you can't apply load above 3k revs or it'll cut out!

Bit fed up now, await breaking thread ....

If anyone has any ideas or experience that would be great, sick of throwing money at it and getting nowhere

Ph1 172 and Ph1 225
I honestly don't have a clue what it could be. You'd think it would be an ignition problem but you've covered that!

Mine isn't as severe as yours but now mines developing a starting issue. It struggles, idles low for a few seconds then picks up. Don't know if it's linked or not!

Might sound silly but it couldn't be injectors could it but that doesn't explain the intermittency of it!

E46 M3 & Ph1 172
3 black relays in the relay/fuse box. Check in there for water ingress and swap those 3 relays around. Pretty common on all forms of Clio.

Will check the relays

The only think I haven't changed is fuel pump and fpr and fuel filter and relays

I'd imagine if it was fuel pump it would be all the time?

note I've just gone out the car to this morning and it is absolutely fine, this fault is driving me mad!

hash that, took the car out for drive and the problem is still evident, nursed it home but had the laptop plugged on for the full drive and took a log file, so will be sending this to scoff to see if there is any solution, will keep you guys updated to anyone following

Ph1 172 and Ph1 225
No way. You are having a nightmare mate. Hope you get it sorted out! I'll keep my eye on this

R5GTT, 2L turbo
We'll get there korky, it'll be something silly. Logs show TPS signal to be irratic so suspecting a problem with throttle and/or its wiring currently. PS, it isn't a faulty map sensor. We tried 2 ECU's, and I tested both with a mityvac. It's as if there is some odd resonance at a certain rpm. A function of the plenum design and the long pipe to in-car map sensor maybe. A sensor in the bay should cure that hence my suggestion :) Keep me posted with the logs korky. If we cant resolve it remotely you might need to bring it in. Chris.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Hi guys, ive read every thread i could see and none of them have solved my problem. It's an intermitant fault which is most annoying.

car cuts outs only every so offten at junctions, can go for a blast come to hault then try to pull away and it will stutter and then cut out. i cant think what it could be, in the past 1k miles the following have been replaced, icv, tps, plugs, leads, coilpack. crank sensors has been cleaned and no change. (lambda is mapped out)

The car runs adaptronic ecu so i cant bring any faults up via clip, unsure if the apaptronic has its own diagnosis software.

Any ideas are welcome!

KT

This always used to be attributed to TDC sensor. Give it a clean (before replacing) and see if it improves. If it does improve, bung a new one on.

RS RIP
would'nt of thought lambda , because it's "mapped out" ! But yeah a short will do enough damage..