ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

PH1 Flame Red Project

Hi im Jordan from Durham, recently bought my PH1 Flame red clio 172 as a project for me to repair and improve! I saw the car on here in the for sale section, I've always liked PH1 172's and they are so cheap nowadays i decided it was a must!

I was drawn to the car straight away, the standard registration number reading "X113 JOR" The first 3 letters of my name on a reg plate? it was definately the car for me! ha The car also has 2 previous keepers and only 64,000 miles

The car had some bodywork and mechanical issues that were both stated in the advert, i decided to take the plunge so booked the train from Durham to Gloucester ONE WAY, Risky! Luckily the car was as described and got me home the 300 miles the train brought me with no problems! Not bad considering its the cheapest car i've ever bought!

Heres some pictures from the for sale ad showing the car and bodywork areas that needed addressing

IMG_0116.jpg

548671_10151224407315973_1451096478_n.jpg

251146_10151224407465973_486786867_n.jpg

so little pieces need tidying up but first of all i had to get rid of the tatty melted steering wheel so went for an OMP replacement, i must admit its a little small but ive got used to it!

IMG_0119.jpg

Next on the cards was the bodywork so i went on holiday in september and booked the car in to the bodyshop for the week, got both sides repaired and painted and the wheels refurb! so happy with the results

IMG_0142.jpg

IMG_0138.jpg

IMG_0140.jpg

IMG_0141.jpg

IMG_0139.jpg

IMG_0143.jpg

IMG_0144.jpg

Really freshened the car up! next was a couple of new tyres for the front, went for some yokohama parada 2's after some good reviews

IMG_0172.jpg

IMG_0173.jpg

I know i need a wheel arch liner too!

Next on the list are a ktec stealth exhaust which will be here in a couple of days, also the mechanical downside which is getting done this weekend, the dreaded rattling dephaser! will be a little beauty when its sorted! Also i have located a centre cap which should be here soon!! Hope you like the progress so far!

cheers

Last edited:

Craig_B

ClioSport Club Member
  BG 182
looks great!!

I can remember the car's for sale thread, think I messaged about the car to tbh.

keep up the good work!

Thanks for the nice comments guys, on a good note the missing centre cap has arrived today after a trip to renault to find they dont make them anymore, looking for around a month, missing one on ebay and then finally finding one! at the cost of £12.95 it completes the set and doesn't make the car look odd!

IMG_01741.jpg

Also my dephaser pulley turned up today giving me a reminder of the fun im going to have at the weekend!

I'm looking for a new wheel soon. And want between 300-330. But don't know what size really

i wouldnt go any smaller than 330, will make it difficult to drive in my opinion

So new exhaust arrived last week very pleased with it, sounds nice

IMG_01781.jpg

also managed to get my dephaser pulley and new belts done at the weekend, glad its out of the way to say the least! excuse the horrible gold inlet! thats not my doing! ha ha

IMG_01811.jpg

and a nice photo with my friends car too.

IMG_01791.jpg

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Good stuff mate, I was massively tempted to buy that one but the timing was wrong :( very glad to see it go to someone who is turning it around though