ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ph1 Gearbox Speedo Drive Wiring

Sonic Boom

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 Sport Ph1
Am I right in thinking the 3 pin Ph1 Speedo drive is just live, earth and signal?
Can you just live and earth the correct wires up and then feed the signal wire straight to the correct pin out on the dashboard clocks or does it need to go through the ECU first?
Cheers Rich

Joe Waters

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 Phase 1
Hi Rich,
I took a look at a diagram I have, it shows a switched live, earth and the signal wire to the ecu and gauge. See attached drawing.

Speed sensor is 118 and ECU 115
These drawings haven’t been too bad when I have used them, hopefully they are correct for you.

Hope this helps,
Joe.

Attachments

• 3CCC4DFC-372D-4605-8AB8-4ED8953956C4.png
    3CCC4DFC-372D-4605-8AB8-4ED8953956C4.png
    691.7 KB · Views: 207

Sonic Boom

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 Sport Ph1
Cheers Joe

So looking at that it appears the signal from the sensor can be feed directly to the clocks rather than be decoded by the ECU before sent on, which is ideal.
I can make up a dedicated loom just for the Speedo drive to feed the clocks.

Rich

Sonic Boom

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 Sport Ph1
HI Joe

Bit of thread resurrection, I don't suppose you send me have a copy of all the diagrams, or at the very least tell which pin out on the back of the clocks is for the Speedo input?

Cheers Rich

Joe Waters

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 Phase 1
Hi Rich,

Is this what you are after?

Regards,
Joe

Attachments

• 2441FA09-6709-43AA-B31F-78F703B253F5.jpeg
    2441FA09-6709-43AA-B31F-78F703B253F5.jpeg
    120.7 KB · Views: 143

FrogJam Motorsport

ClioSport Trader
Rich, Joe, hope one of you can help.

Any idea what wires are which for the gearbox sensor?

Trying to wire the gearbox speed sensor into a standalone ecu but struggling to work out what wire is meant to be which.
661F931C-E395-45CC-A2BD-6980EFF4DFEE.jpeg

Joe Waters

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 Phase 1
Hi,

Does either the plug or the sensor have PIN numbers on them?
My drawings show
A - 12v+
B1 - Output signal
B2 - 12v- (Earth)

Hope this helps.
Joe.

Joe Waters

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 Phase 1
Hi,

Have you tried putting a multimeter on the sensor output? I would expect that you would see some voltage output when the sensor rotates.

FrogJam Motorsport

ClioSport Trader
Hi,

Have you tried putting a multimeter on the sensor output? I would expect that you would see some voltage output when the sensor rotates.
Hi Joe,
Nothing shows on the multimeter. But can be hit and miss with frequency outputs. So I’ve got an oscilloscope coming tomorrow and hoping that will shed some light.
Will let you know what I find out tomorrow or Friday.