ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

PH1 headlight help

he i need a new driver side headlight but not sure which kind of headight do i need eg xeon or normal headlamp or it doesnt matter as thhey both fit in??
img0140jl.jpg
?
img0139tc.jpg

img0137u.jpg

img0138v.jpg

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Your lights are not xenons mate, the mk2 ph1's did not come with xenons, only the mk2 ph2.

Your lights are projector lights and can be fitted with aftermarket xenons but this involves buying and installing xenon ballasts.

SO, assuming you have not fitted aftermarket xenons (you'd be able to see the ballast boxes) then you just need a standard bulb to fit.

Whether you choose ulta white ones or whatever is up to you

so that blue bulb isn't xenon????mmm that it was.what is it called?? is it the same as a fatter bulb for a car??

going the scrappy 2morrow what headlamp would be the same.all the MK2Ph1's??1.2???thanks for the help:)

172 Race Car
Mk2 phase 1's have either a single bulb (H4) lamp or the twin ones like a 172. the higher spec models had them.

The dip bulb is very strange (cant remembe the number for it) and not commonly used in other cars (most use H7, H1 and H4)

all the clips are broken.the headlamp was just held in with silicone.

hopefully their will be one there.
i just didnt want to get the wrong headlamp 2morrow.
ill prob have to get from england tho.
thanks for the help

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
theres only two different headlights for the ph1s,
and the difference is incredibly obvious,

dont get the ones that just look like TV screens!

Standard phase1 172 ones (and mk1 vee's, plus a few others) are called 'dual optics' Euro car parts will sell them.