ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ph1 lighter than ph2 cup?

Nippy white cup
I'm sure someone will post the exacts but iirc the Cup is lighter than the ph1 which is in turn lighter than the ph2 172

spare wheel et al
Remove the tar sound deadening in easy to get to places like the spare wheel well, under boot carpet, under rear bench etc.

Prob see you about cup weight.

Ph1
slightly off topic, but what makes the 182 cups and trophys lighter/what's missing?

I dont think those figures you were quoting were right. Figures are all different depending on where you look.

182 1100kg's :eek: - thats not far off V6 weight so surely cant be right ?? :eek:

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
On the whole there not exactly heavy hot hatches with regard to bhp/ton, which imo is the most important figure of all when it comes to performance.

Weight is the achillies heel of power

ripp

ClioSport Club Member
  182 FFAT
btw, has anyone weighted their stock 1*2? I am STILL not sure what my car weight is, somewhere between 1090-1110 kg maybe..

Clio 172 ph2
On the whole there not exactly heavy hot hatches with regard to bhp/ton, which imo is the most important figure of all when it comes to performance.

Weight is the achillies heel of power

Torque to weight ratio is more important for everyday road driving! As above with regard to handling and braking though. Also all those with heavy alloys on the end of their hubs need to worry about unsprung weight! and watch out for missing spiggot rings!!!

Discounted 1*2 parts
slightly off topic, but what makes the 182 cups and trophys lighter/what's missing?

182 cup has boggo interior, no cruise, no xenons just little things that save weight
trophy has recaro's (with no side airbags) and speedline wheels to reduce weight