ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ph1 sunflower needing some tlc!

Hi,
quite new on here and iv always wanted to get into the cleaning stages of my car for a while now.
can someone point me in the right direction of the products and tools i need please?
i basicly have nothing so any advice/help is very much apprechiated!
looking for links/products to use such as good shampoo, jetwash and snow foam, drying products, clay bar and lube etc.

also reading up useing the search button i belive nilfisk are the best option for a jetwash? Can anyone link me to a good one for a budget of roughly £100?
Also iv read alot about 'iron-x' is this worth purchasing also?

thanks in advance to any help!

Adam

Paul172sport

ClioSport Club Member
  Sunflower Ph1
Hi fellow sunflower driver.

I would definitely suggest you take your time and concentrate on the decontamination stages. Wash then iron x followed by maybe tar removal if any spots remain and then a clay should see you with a good base. For tar id suggest auto revive obliterate.

Depending how unloved it is. If needing some tlc then try menz sf4000. follow with af triple. If ok leave out the sf.

Next I top with chemical guys ez creme glaze and finish with dodo banana armour. Auto glym hd wax also gets good results.

For the plastics af revive is good value for money.

That's my thoughts. Check out harpenhams threads as he is the flower detailing guru.

Try here for a cheap Pressure washer, few of the guys over on Detailing world have purchased from here and have been happy.

http://www.cleanstore.co.uk/products/Product.asp?ID=7646

nilfisk c110 refurbished with 6 months warranty would be more than adequate for your needs.
And will this deffenetly be ok? Seems a bit cheap haha!
Hi fellow sunflower driver.

I would definitely suggest you take your time and concentrate on the decontamination stages. Wash then iron x followed by maybe tar removal if any spots remain and then a clay should see you with a good base. For tar id suggest auto revive obliterate.

Depending how unloved it is. If needing some tlc then try menz sf4000. follow with af triple. If ok leave out the sf.

Next I top with chemical guys ez creme glaze and finish with dodo banana armour. Auto glym hd wax also gets good results.

For the plastics af revive is good value for money.

That's my thoughts. Check out harpenhams threads as he is the flower detailing guru.
Thankyou for your input mate and advice going to order some of them items :)!
thanks
Iron x is brilliant stuff.
Thanks deffenetly looking at buying some!

Paul172sport

ClioSport Club Member
  Sunflower Ph1
Don't what ever you do open iron x inside or be foolish to smell it. Its vile and strong!