ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

PH2 1.4 MPG?

LY 220 Trophy+IB PH1
I was getting a reading of 52 MPG in the sport from the trip (Now while this is obviously an ambitious number I must have been doing something right to get it to read as such as my 1.4 never reads above 42)

Needless to say I was driving like a pussy.

Clio 1.2 Extreme 4
That's terrible, somethings wrong, the rs Clio gets that mpg!

I get 48-52 on the motorway :)

Did a big motorway journey other day, dissapointed with my 1.2!

£15 pound fuel got me 94 miles, light came on at 94 after i had got into town driving. The last time id probably driven about 5 miles on the light so around 100 miles out of £15 is crap for motorway driving!

Trip computer was showing 48mpg, after using a online mpg calc it shows i got 38mpg!!!

Decided to use shell petrol aswell (because some people claim its better) rather than tesco/sainsburys, seems like it did worse!

Whats wrong with my 1.2 :(

Did a big motorway journey other day, dissapointed with my 1.2!

£15 pound fuel got me 94 miles, light came on at 94 after i had got into town driving. The last time id probably driven about 5 miles on the light so around 100 miles out of £15 is crap for motorway driving!

Trip computer was showing 48mpg, after using a online mpg calc it shows i got 38mpg!!!

Decided to use shell petrol aswell (because some people claim its better) rather than tesco/sainsburys, seems like it did worse!

Whats wrong with my 1.2 :(

38mpg sounds about right to me theirs nothing wrong with it
i wouldn't beleve the rs are getting near the figures being claimed if they were their would be no reason for a dci but even these figures seem over inflated tbh brim to brim ftw;)

SEAT Ibiza SC FR
Diesel is for queers.

photo.JPG

I know it isn't. And what about my in? And why is it "for a shock"?

thieirs many people who seem to think a clio rs will run on fresh air an go futher then a dci ;)
i just wrongly assumed you did as well :eek:

it would be nice to see more people actually work it out an give more honest figures

Last edited:
  Clio 1.2 Extreme 4
38mpg sounds about right to me theirs nothing wrong with it
i wouldn't beleve the rs are getting near the figures being claimed if they were their would be no reason for a dci but even these figures seem over inflated tbh brim to brim ftw;)

38mpg motorway driving is appaling!
Urban driving is supposed to be around that figure!
The reason i went for a 1.2 instead of a 1.4 for was hoping petrol wise would be better!

Should i try redex?